Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2015, 07:18 PM

Default Possibly swapping out forks from an '03 CR250 to '01 EC 300.

Every time I read about swapping forks all kinds of road blocks are brought up. I don't have a lot of resources available to me so I am hesitant to undertake this project. However, what I'm seeing so far makes it look like a very plausible and direct swap. My motivation is really only based on the fact that someone took the time or spent the money to set the suspension up on the 250, and it's lightyears ahead of my Gasser. So, here's what I've looked at so far.

The outer diameters are within .5 to 1mm of eachother on each bike, measured at the top and the bottom triple.

The Nissin caliper is very nearly a perfect fit on the GasGas (I tried swapping it today). I could have made it work easily by taking some meat off of the face of the top bolt hole, but decided against leaving my CR250 brakeless.

What are some things to look for before tearing both bikes apart?

Some of my concerns are, will I have to keep the CR250 front wheel? Special made spacers to keep the gasser front wheel? Rotor offset? I'm hoping someone that has experience in swapping front ends can alleviate some of my concerns and tell me what to look at before I break everything down.