Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:08 AM

I did cut off the 1/2" extension from below the footpeg and inserted it above the peg.

By adjusting spring preloads, I have been able to reach the suggested sag value in the front (55...65 mm) and almost meet the sag in the rear (w/o rider 25 mm, w/ rider 105 mm - specified values: 30 mm / 100 mm). In other words, the rear spring should be a little stiffer for my weight.

Handle bars have raisers of 40...45 mm, and I have turned the bar towards the front as far as the cables and hoses allow.

I have learnt that Guts Racing sells tall seat w/ as much as 1" thicker pad. I assume that the original seat cover would not be able to swallow all that extra thickness? How have you guys solved that issue?

Old 08-30-2017, 11:35 AM

Well, for those who need a taller seat:

Guts Racing sells 1" taller seat foam as well as seat cover for the taller foam http://www.gutsracing.com/category_s/1877.htm

To my surprise, the OEM foam was not glued - removing the staples was enough. The taller seat foam - and especially the seat cover - were not a perfect fit but close enough anyway, and the end result is visually okay. Riding on a tall seat is more controlled and more fun than w/ your knees hitting your teeth. So I would recommend it for tall guys.