Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-26-2019, 06:01 AM

Check your crank seals, my problems started out the same way including the RK Tech head, also may want to look at your intake gasket/reed set up mine was installed upside/backward.
I think these GP's where assembled on a Friday after a lunch of sangria.
Was really hoping GasGas had their sh** together, apparently not.
But the suspension is great.......

Old 03-26-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xitemntracing View Post
Called RK Tech and when he returned my call I am sure I would never order another thing from them .Total asshole to me and talked to me like I was a little kid. Then Called Lectron and they were super cool and offered some suggestions on adjusting the metering rod to eliminate the possible lean condition . If you buy a RK Tech head don't expect any customer service for your three hundred bucks.
Welcome to the club. He loves to treat you like a dumb 6 year old, that gives him kinda "I am God"-feeling. Absolute asshole, as you say. Doesn't mean his work is bad, no, just how he talks to customers is ridiculous.

Lectron guys are totally different, even if you call them from Europe they try to help as good as they can.

Hope you get the problem sorted asap. I'd suggest to try high octane fuel first, its done quick and cheap and then you'll know more...

Cheers
Steve
Old 03-26-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimpy525 View Post
Check your crank seals, my problems started out the same way including the RK Tech head, also may want to look at your intake gasket/reed set up mine was installed upside/backward.
I think these GP's where assembled on a Friday after a lunch of sangria.
Was really hoping GasGas had their sh** together, apparently not.
But the suspension is great.......
Production/assembly line issues happen with every brand. KTM has had a host of issues with the mikuni carbs, reeds, TPI, etc. Same with the other boutique brands as I understand it.

I truly believe that these issues are the exception, not the norm. I bought my bike in spring of 2018 and have had zero issues. The 2018 is first production year for these bikes, so bound to be some issues, especially in part due to the rush/demand to get bikes into production after a year of hiatus.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:10 PM

Thanks for all the support. I am going to turn the metering rod rich 1/2 and mix a 50/50 gas mix with 91 and 110 octane full report this weekend
Old 03-26-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg View Post
Production/assembly line issues happen with every brand. KTM has had a host of issues with the mikuni carbs, reeds, TPI, etc. Same with the other boutique brands as I understand it.

I truly believe that these issues are the exception, not the norm. I bought my bike in spring of 2018 and have had zero issues. The 2018 is first production year for these bikes, so bound to be some issues, especially in part due to the rush/demand to get bikes into production after a year of hiatus.
I hope so, I have been dealing with a lot of these issues and keeping quiet however my frustration peaked this weekend. I had the same experience with my 12 and 13 in the end, the 13 was a great bike once I got it sorted the 12 ended up in the scrap yard. Just takes a lot of time and money to get these bikes right. I know it will be a good bike once I figure it out.