Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:57 PM

Sorry for your loss and wish you and your family all the best getting through this. Good tips guys.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:09 PM

Sorry for your loss, especially for your pets.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 PM

Wow! Glad to hear you're OK, but I feel for you and your wife in all that you lost. And then there's the MIL ... (was that too early?)

Be well and know that your friends are rooting for you to pull through!
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 02-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear of the loss.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:38 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

So Sorry,

We just went threw this with my stepson. They lost 2 dogs. Everything else can be replaced. Terrible experience.

We have gotten much more vigilant in our home. It was built in 1810 will burn quick.

1)I have installed a monitored security/fire alarm system with smokes in almost every room.
2) Our old cloth wiring was in rough shape. I have rewired 90% of the house. Including the use of ARc Fualt breakers ( I am an electrician)
3)No wood fires
4)No candles
5)No space heaters
6)My wife made a Dog rescue kit. It is white milkbox with red magnetic sighs that Reads "OPEN IN CASE OF FIRE" " PLEASE SAVE OUR DOGS" The box is placed outside our front door. In it is a floor plan of were the dogs are in the house with there names Permission for anyone to kick in our door. leashes for the dogs. Doggy treats.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Agreed. I take our dryer outside every spring, then take the leaf blower to every place lint collects. Same goes for the dryer vent hose. Its amazing how much I find.
I really shouldn't be laughing in such a serious post but.......if you guys knew Rod Overstreet like I know Rod Overstreet you would laugh too. He is the most anal tidy freak I have ever met in my life! His chimney is prolly cleaner than my house. I have this mental image of him dragging every appliance from his house out into the driveway every spring and either using a leaf blower or pressure washer on them. Sorry but I can't help but laugh.
Welcome back, Rod. Glad you escaped the dark side!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:24 PM

Sorry to hear of this, especially to lose your pets as I would be devastated. Some good advice has been received from members, also be sure to insure for proper limits, if you are not a receipt keeper go through the house 2-3 times a year and video catalogue your contents. This will help dealing with the adjuster, a 15 minute video can document volumes.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:01 PM

Sorry to hear about your chimney fire! That jet engine sound is the worst thing to hear ive been working on fireplaces for 6 years now ive probably done at least 300 chimney fire repair jobs cant beat a good insulated stainless liner and chamber tech parging and clean once a year or twice dependin how much you burn also good dry hardwoods if anyone on here has any fireplace issues or questions im happy to help i also am knowledgable about gas and pellet units as well. Trussellmasonry@gmail.com