Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:20 PM

Default Dodge Promaster

Anyone have any experience with the Dodge Promaster? I am curious about what set ups you have seen for hauling your bikes and riding gear inside.

Any thoughts on which motor you would get?

People outside the USA...this is the Fiat Ducato.

I'm thinking with some $ thrown at that thing you could have a slick camper/mx hauler.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:27 PM

I hope you get some replies from those in the international community. Europe has some really neat small camper vans.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:53 PM

I work at a Dodge dealership and we are in the process of setting up a Promaster 3500 extended wheelbase. I was just at a meeting in Las Vegas that was based on the Promaster and there were several vendors and upfitters there who have already been working on removable second row seating, L-track for tie-downs, insulated wall and ceiling panels, rear a/c and heat, and other options. The Promaster is an excellent choice with a 6'5" interior height, wide side and rear door openings, nearly 90 degree side-walls, and the interior has tabs to make finishing out the interior on your own much easier as well. The gas engine is the only one available in the states right now with the diesel arriving later, we are choosing the gas configuration and after putting a couple hundred miles on one I feel the power and drive quality is excellent. The front wheel drive configuration is also very nice for those of us with poor driving conditions part of the year. Let me know how you are going to configure yours and if there are any questions you might have.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:19 AM

Default Dodge Promaster

Here in Germany the fiat ducato is a very we'll know and often used van. Usually it is known for a lot of space and a very robust car. The newer models have some corrosion problems at the front end where the motor is mounted. When buying the car new I would spend some dollars on the corrosion protection. The ducato is also very often used for a small camper because it's size is not too big for the city.
By the way, the fiat ducato is in Europe the same like the Opel (gm) movano and the Peugeot boxer. When dodge is using the Peugeot, the motors are very good.