Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:43 PM

Hey Guys - I am the editor of Trail Rider Magazine and got to spend a couple of days riding the new GasGas 300. The Gasser continues to impress me. We rode Carter (or was it Cumberland???) MTN and the GasGas was my favorite bike - it was so smooth and stable that I didn't want to get off of it. It really made me look good over the nasty stuff. I could chug up steep hills and carry an extra gear or two all day. The motor is so forgiving and eats up the technical terrain.

Once we got the sag dialed in, the Reiger shock worked well; it's as good as the Ohlins IMO. I rode the bike for the first half of the ride and then hopped on it for last several miles and didn't notice any difference in it's performance. Typically I'll notice shock performance degrade at the end of the ride, so maybe they're on to something with the Reiger?

This years model also felt lighter and a bit more nimble. I've never been bothered by numbers on a scale as they doesn't translate into anything meaningful when this bike is in motion. It is still a quick turner and damn sexy.

I work a day job but will try and post a quick ride report and some helmet camera footage in the next few days. Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it! My email is kevin@trailrider.com, feel free if you have any questions.

Best,
Kevin Novello

Old 02-21-2014, 09:38 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Kevin,

Thanks for taking the time to post your initial report as it is much appreciated! I'm glad I took the plunge and bought my '14 after a short time on same '13s. Additionally, I got my magazine in the mail today and it will make for some good reading while I recover from today's knee surgery!

Eric
2003 KX/KDX 220 hybrid
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000 Trail Edition
1974-86 Vintage Can Ams, SWMs, Puchs, etc.