Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john r b View Post
Mark, Thank you for posting the photos. Any word about the 200's?
Were can I get one of those GG floor mats?
Ditto on the GG floor mats and stand. Where can I get a GG mat and stand?

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar

Old 02-05-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFasters View Post
Opened up the crate last week on our 2014 and started to write the list of changes over the last couple of years to the bike! I am sure the thread was started before, but here is a refresher! GasGas has had some struggles in 2012, the 13 bike was an improvement, and the 14 hits it!

Some key things over the competition for the same price if not lower?.(i am sure i missed a few)

AXP Skid plate comes stock
FMF Stealth spark arrestor
48mm marzocchi forks
Reiger shock (this is a very nice shock with long durability and a solid history)
Polished hubs
Excel Rims
Galfer Wave rotors front n rear
Nissan brakes
New engine cases (lighter, smaller)
New cylinder (consistent performance)
New cylinder head
New water pump housing for better cooling (GasGas has always been a very cool running bike)
Vforce 4 reed system (upgrade from vforce 3)

Many smaller items as well

Bigger oil sight glass
New rear brake pedal with bearing system, works better
Front axle pull
New outer clutch cover (better oil flow)
Side plates have access to exhaust
Double wall handlebar (renthal copy)
New footpeg design with removable brackets
Nice, fill er up n roll it over the scales
Old 02-05-2014, 03:42 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddenning View Post
Nice, fill er up n roll it over the scales
To heck with the scales - roll it over some rocks, roots, and logs.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

That is a gorgeous bike Mark. I am new to the forum and joined because I want a 300cc 2-stroke for Hare Scrambles racing. This 2014 GasGas won't let go of me. I'd be very interested to hear your review of the bike.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Review and answers

We won't have our own review until the week of the National in SC. We have about a foot of snow and negative temps are still in our forecast for good ole Minnesota don't ya know? For sure... But I can tell you from sitting on the bike in our shop that I love the red dot pro grips, soft yet very tacky!

Radiator hoses and layout appear to be the same, no changes.

I have 5 bike mats currently in stock #PU030038013 and the retail is $179.95 for the OEM Mat

We will have Matrix products for GasGas soon available as well, rugs, matts, bike stands, and logo'd tie downs. I have called a lot of companies and Matrix seemed the most eager and willing for smaller units. Look for a picture of that product and pricing within the next 2 weeks!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Site Sponsor

Default weight

Our shipping scale doesn't go above 200 pounds so I am looking in the area for someone with a scale. When I do, I will weight the 14 300 versus our 13 and let you know.

I've never been worried about the weight of a GG, its always been a little heavier than the competition but on the trail, it doesn't seem noticeable?? In fact I think it helps its front end turning and has made the brand a reliable dirt bike for years. In my opinion...and everyone has one and then some!
Old 02-06-2014, 11:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Our shipping scale doesn't go above 200 pounds so I am looking in the area for someone with a scale. When I do, I will weight the 14 300 versus our 13 and let you know.

I've never been worried about the weight of a GG, its always been a little heavier than the competition but on the trail, it doesn't seem noticeable?? In fact I think it helps its front end turning and has made the brand a reliable dirt bike for years. In my opinion...and everyone has one and then some!
A long time ago I was talking to a bicycle dealer about the difference in weight between a rigid mountain bike and a full suspension bike. I mentioned that I preferred a rigid bike because full suspension mountain bikes weighed too much. The bike dealer looked at my beer gut but didn't say anything. I started laughing and he knew he'd been caught and got embarrassed. I told him I wasn't offended....I knew I was carrying the weight of a mountain bicycle around my waist!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:13 AM

Any information or experience from new 2014 crankshaft? It should reduce vibes vs. older ones.

Sent from Razr MAXX
Old 02-11-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:

I often switch back and forth with some of my buddies that ride KTMs. For me, the KTMs do seem more nimble and feel a touch lighter riding, but the GG definitely has a much more planted feel and rides like it's on a rail. The GG for me also has a better stock ergo setup, plus it's a really good looking bike and gets tons of thumbs up on the highway heading to/from the trails. The stock power delivery on a GG250 es is more manageable for me as well. Either way I can ride either bike, but still prefer my GG. I can probably ride a bit quicker on KTMs for short periods of time, but the GG is a better all day bike.
It all comes down to personal preference and perhaps the type of terrain/trail........
Old 02-11-2014, 08:29 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:

put the front wheel on the scale, then the rear and add the two together