Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 11-05-2006, 07:41 PM

Default SAG adj MC250

Just got my 05 MC250. I expected a stiff suspension, but the rear was so tight, there was no static sag and it took pressure to get any sag.

I got set to adjust and read the "FAQ; Suspension baseline settings" and it recommended starting with 10-15mm preload. I measured my spring and then loosened it and found that it had previously only had maybe 5-6mm preload. I assume I must be running a different spring. I'll give it my best guess to try to match the forks, but I know it was way too stiff before with no hint of static sag.

Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions on sag numbers. I know my 50mm forks are quite a bit stiffer than the 45mm, so I assume I want to try to balance out the front and rear. I weigh about 190 and ride mostly woods. I like a stiff suspension, but it was at the point of being a hardtail.
Matt

Old 11-05-2006, 09:28 PM

Default estimate

I set the preload at 3-4mm and got roughly an inch of static sag and 4 3/8 inches sag with me on the bike. It's midnight, so I won't try it out just yet. Front and rear seem about the same.

Any input is welcome.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:51 AM

It sounds like you are pretty close.

I run about 30 mm static sag and 130 mm loaded sag.