Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Banned

Default Demos

There has been a lot of discussion about demos on different threads so I thought I would start one that deals just with demos.
I plan to be at all of the remaning National Enduros with GG and Sherco demo bikes. I also plan to attend the spring trail ride at Loretta Lynn's and do demo rides there. (Hey...that reminds me. We talked about a GG get together at the LL Ride, didn't we?)
Anyway....if any of you guys want to take a road trip while on the way to a race or any other event, I will be more than happy to meet you and do a private demo. Demos do not have to be at an organized event. For example, I know a lot of you will be attending the World Trials round at the Trials Training Center. If some of you want to come in here early or to stay late for a demo day we could arrange that.
My contact info is below so call or drop me an email to arrange.
Clay

Old 02-25-2013, 06:11 PM

Thumbs up

I ask you fellow members, what other importer boss would make such an offer? Thanks Clay.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:13 PM

If you will be at the Oklahoma City enduro then I will be there as well and can't wait to meet ya. I'll be sure to pass the word to our (OCCRA) members as well.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 PM

Gasgas and sherco demos would be 5x better than the yamaha demo in GA. Raines personal bike was the only one i really liked but i still think im faster on my 300
Old 02-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andykr87 View Post
Gasgas and sherco demos would be 5x better than the yamaha demo in GA. Raines personal bike was the only one i really liked but i still think im faster on my 300
I think there will be a lot of interest in riding our bikes because so few have ridden them in the past. Everyone has ridden a Yamaha and the orange bike. I'm worried that I can't get enough bikes in my trailer and van. I'm trying to buy a box truck to bring more.
Phoenix...I am looking forward to the OK enduro. I have never raced in OK and am looking forward to it. We plan to do demos there.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:31 AM

If you brought 5 or 6 bikes you would be good i think. Im currently cutting trail for section 3 at the black coal national in southern indiana. Its going to be a hell of a race and terrain that alot of guys have never experianced.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:57 AM

Clay or anybody can answer these questions....when do the demos start? Do I just show up, jump out of the car with gear on (probably won't drive down with riding boots on!) and sign up? Never been to a demo and just wondered how they work. Coming from Central New York to either the Blain Pa or the Cross Fork Pa rounds just to ride the demos, not racing. What else do I need to know?
Old 02-26-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCG61 View Post
Clay or anybody can answer these questions....when do the demos start? Do I just show up, jump out of the car with gear on (probably won't drive down with riding boots on!) and sign up? Never been to a demo and just wondered how they work. Coming from Central New York to either the Blain Pa or the Cross Fork Pa rounds just to ride the demos, not racing. What else do I need to know?
Current plans are to do demos from 10AM-4PM on the Saturday before all the remaining National Enduro rounds beginning with the SC round this weekend & additionally at the Loretta Lynn Annual Spring ride. NEPG schedule is here- http://www.nationalenduro.com/ Not sure on specifics but the ones that I've seen normally require registration, release forms and proper riding gear. Typically there is a loop laid out (seperate from the race course) that will give you a chance to put the bike through it's paces. Also you can normally ride every model that is there & available. Not sure what all Clay is bringing as far as GG but I think the 300I is the only Sherco in the states right now....but I was wrong one other time You'll want to show up early or you'll be waiting in line behind all the KTM riders wanting to try out a real off road machine!
I'm sure Clay will fill in the blanks here...
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 PM

Clay I'll be at the Loretta spring ride. I would love to help you in any way I can. I will be heading down on Thursday to work registration that night and can trailer extra bikes from Nashville if needed. My other work slot is the Saturday morning sound check so any other time I'm available for assistance. - Ken Wyatt 931-498-5113 cell 931-854-8037
Old 02-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCG61 View Post
JCG,
My assistant, Fred, is correct.
Sign a release form and ride the bikes on a loop that the club lays out. We currently have a 250 and 300 Gas Gas and a 300i Race four sroke Sherco. I have GG XC200s on the way and one of those will be included. I wil also add Sherco two strokes when we get them. I may also bring an XRide to some events too but haven't totally decided on that. I may also do demos at Bud Mattos shop before one (or both) of the PA rounds that would give you a chance to ride without shorter lines.

Andy....I am really looking forward to Black Coal. I never got to race it back in the day so I don't plan to miss it this year.

Ken...Thanks for the offer at LLyns. I appreciate the help and will certainly take you up on it. Thanks again.
Clay