Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
Big thanks to Mark Berg and the entire Gas Gas team for making test rides available. I was able to get up to Atlanta Michigan on Saturday and ride both the EC250 and EC300. Other than some confusion regarding the location of the test ride and congestion at the busy trail intersection/gas stop, everything went well. I had a chance to talk with Mark and learn more about the timing of the 2018 models. His passion for the product was evident.
Are you forgetting something? <cough>your riding impression/review<cough>

'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220

Old 05-08-2017, 06:38 PM

Bikes look top notch. I am riding a 2002 XC200 currently and wanted to see the difference in power between the 200, and the new 250 and 300. Two things stood out. First, my 200 runs pretty strong. Second, I was considering a new 250, but after riding a 300 really like the power delivery better for the type of riding I do. I would prefer a little more power in both the 250 and 300, but I'm guessing with the added cc's the potential is there. Both seemed to be jetted fairly rich. It was hard to get a good feel on suspension in such a limited amount of riding, and besides, everyone is going to set the clickers up to fit them best anyway. Both bikes felt light and nimble, but the trail was not tight or technical so it was hard to evaluate the difference between the 250 and 300 for handling.

I am an older rider (45) who recently started riding again after a 7 year break. My previous bike was a YZ configured Yamaha WR400F. Before that I rode a Yamaha WR200R. I bought both of those new. The XC200 used to be the wife's bike, but since it was the only one I still owned, I've been setting it up to my liking and started riding again. I'm enjoying having a lighter bike now that I'm older and think I'm going to stay on a 2 stroke. Just got the XC200 street legal and did 91 miles of trail riding on Sunday. I am not so patiently awaiting the 2018 GG models. BTW, Mark said the 200 will be back in the lineup for 2018.