Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:57 AM

Default Trying to understand xc or ec

I just got a 2001 xc200 from a friend. Trying to fix some parts and get it to idle. First question is can you use parts from a 01 Ec bike? 2nd question is there a cage for the air filter?

Old 03-31-2017, 03:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puunui View Post
I just got a 2001 xc200 from a friend. Trying to fix some parts and get it to idle. First question is can you use parts from a 01 Ec bike? 2nd question is there a cage for the air filter?
A 2001 xc and a 2001 ec are very similar. The XC has an abbreviated wiring harness for off road use only - no turn signal wiring, etc. It might have a higher compression head. it has a smaller lighting coil with less flywheel effect... Maybe an FMF pipe instead of a messico... That's it...

And yes, it has an air filter cage...

jeff
Old 04-01-2017, 11:43 AM

That's great news. Thank you for the info webmaster. Do you know what years I can use parts up to? Does anyone know where the best place to buy parts from?