Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:24 PM

Default Hebo/bark buster issue

I have the stock hebo bars on my 06. I went to put my cycra probends on a new set and the barkbuster insert was too small. old bars are cut down and the skinny bar inserts work fine on them. Cycra does make a fat bar insert. Being impatient I went down to the local shop and picked up some moose fat bar inserts for the moose barkbuster. A fat bar is a fat bar right?? The moose insert screws onto the end of the cyra barkbuster just fine ... Problem is the moose fat bar insert is too big and won't fit inside the damn bar. it is not even close!! WTF is up with that?? Fat bar is a fat bar right?? I guess I'll give cyra a call and see how fat their inserts are. anyone else run inot this issue??

Old 08-03-2008, 08:57 PM

I fitted some of the Aussie Barkbusters to my '07 EC300 that runs the Hebo fat bar. The same fitting kit that fits the KTM's was the correct one.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:25 AM

GoFasters supplied me with the protaper version of the Cycra probend barkbusters and the bar inserts that came with them fit and tighten up just fine. My Hebo bars are not cut down. Inner end is something else! The bend is all wrong for the bars and the inner protaper clamps are not even close on the Hebo bar. GF supplied me with a set of 1 1/8th clamps with which I managed to fit them. Its strong enough now but if you look closely its a real dogs dinner.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

For a long time, the stock GasGas 7/8" bars and Hebo replacement 7/8" bars had the thickest walls in the industry. It's part of what made them so dadgum strong. However, it made installing the Barkkbuster's bar end inserts a pain.
I wasted a bunch of time setting up bikes for us and for customers, at first.

After trying several unsuccessful avenues, I finally bought a special "stepped" 1/2" shanked drill bit ($27. I think it is a 35/64" bit, but will have to check.) to hawg out the bar ends. No more problems, except when someone didn't put it back where it belonged and I had to purchase another.
For the last few years, the stock bars will almost always accept the inserts with no modification. (Anyone need a good used drill bit for a discount?)
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Old 08-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I had the same problem with moose barkbusters after cutting down stock bars. I took to a machine shop and they drilled into the bars so the inserts would fit and tighten up. Was a pain trying to do myself with regular drill.