Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:03 PM

Default Free cordless drill and circ. saw - batteries bad.

I have a Craftsman 14.4V drill and saw free to anyone who can come get it or pay shipping. It is about 5 years old, but the batteries will not take a charge. I went to Sears and the only batteries they sell will not fit, evidently the design has changed within the last 5 years. I hate to throw these away. They are in great shape. I thought they would be useful to anyone who has some of these batteries in good shape. If anyone is interested, I can e-mail you pictures of the batteries.

I'm in Newburgh, IN.

FYI... Dewalt tools have not changed batteries styles in at least the last 10 years according to my Dad, who uses them daily. I replaced my Craftsman with an 18V 1/2" Dewalt Hammer drill.

Josh

Old 12-24-2008, 07:34 AM

John,,
If you have a trail rig, you know a 4x4 or need to work out of a vehicle from time to time, get a light set of jumper wires and take apart one battery, solder the ends of the wires on to the battery connectors(discard bad battery) and reassemble with a 10' cable with aligator clips.. Clip them on the car/jeep/truck battery and you have a great drill out camping, on the trail, at the campsite. A car battery is "12" volts,, reality, 13.6 sitting and with the car running 14.6 at idle.. This works great and I did this for a work drill while out at remote locations working on tractors and such..
Steve
Old 12-25-2008, 07:39 PM

Thanks for the tip Steve. I think I'll do that.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Or, take the battery to any Interstate Battery retail outlet. They can rebuild your battery.