Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Last Man Standing - GoFasters.com

I'm surprised there were not more comments about this...
There was some great coverage of GoFasters on the Last Man Standing shown on SpeedTV. Most interviews with Wayne Braybrooke (sp?) took place in front of the GoFasters trailer. Very nice!!!

Regarding the riding, what did you guys think? David Knight was unbelievable! He definitely rode in a class by himself. Wayne Braybrooke did a fantastic job and his commentary was excellent. It really made you feel how extreme that event was. IMHO, I thought the 2005 coverage was slightly better. The camera angles used in the 2006 event seemed to be from the top of obstacles. You didn't get to "feel" the height/challenge from that view point. In 2005, they shot upwards on obstacles like Joshua Tree, etc... which made it seem more impressive. Anyways, I really enjoyed the TV coverage regardless. Also, it was nice to see GasGas get a lot of exposure that they deserve.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

That is very cool. I wish I could have seen it, but unfortunately I don't get SpeedTV.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:57 PM

Wayne seems like a good guy. He admitted he can't hang with Knight but wants to be out there to "keep him honest". Said it was the hardest thing he'd ever done. He also mentioned that Knight rides full time. Braybrook runs a buisiness full time.
There was at least one spot that even David Knight couldn't ride. They showed him lifting the bike up onto some ledge. Picture lifting your bike onto a flatbed pickup by yourself.

Last edited by Brian VT; 02-26-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:27 PM

Apparently the toughest spot was within the first 5 miles of the start. Knight and Guy Cooper worked together to get each other over it.
I wonder if this is it ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LMS-8.jpg (34.4 KB, 50 views)
Old 02-26-2007, 06:33 PM

18 Year Old Cory Graffunder,who Lives Just Up The Road From My Home Town,made A Fabulous Showing By Coming In 4th. Watch This Guy In The Coming Years,if He Is This Good At 18,think How He Will Be When He Gets A Few Years Of Racing Under His Belt!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSREID View Post
18 Year Old Cory Graffunder,who Lives Just Up The Road From My Home Town,made A Fabulous Showing By Coming In 4th. Watch This Guy In The Coming Years,if He Is This Good At 18,think How He Will Be When He Gets A Few Years Of Racing Under His Belt!
He is defiantly one to watch. I have seen him up close blowing by me in several race's at Hannegan speedway. Hannegan is a venue for a couple rounds of the NMA Off-Road series and is located in Bellingham Washington for those that don't know.
It was cool to also see works womans champion and local Washington racer Maria Forsberg as the only woman contestant.
It also looked like but I'm not positive if local off-road legend Kevin Bailey was in attendance.

Many of Canada's and America's newest hero's come from this corner of the world, Ricky Dietrich and Paul Neff also cut there teeth in this area. These are a couple of guys that are also incredible to watch wile racing the same course!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Site Sponsor

Wink

The other day I was making myself a DVD copy of LMS and I accidentally made a few extra copies.

Hmmm.....I wonder what I should do with these?

If anybody has any ideas please PM me.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist
Old 03-06-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn280 View Post
Apparently the toughest spot was within the first 5 miles of the start. Knight and Guy Cooper worked together to get each other over it.
I wonder if this is it ?
That's insane. Anyone even thinking about entering the LMS deserves some serious respect. They're all very talented riders.

And I have to mention Cory Graffunder too, seeing as I've watched him blow by me at quite a few races. Congrats Cory and keep up to good work!
Old 03-06-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkyboy View Post
If anybody has any ideas please PM me.
It seems your PM is turned off. The Vermont crew has a good idea for you. Stick one in the air filter of Chris' bike before you crate it.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Site Sponsor

Strange I only had two items in PM box. I emptied them.
otherwise steveatgofastersdotcom

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist