Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Classified Advertisements > Used Bikes

Used Bikes Used Bikes For Sale - No Part Outs

Old 05-06-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
While there can be issues with the bike, I just don't understand how you could evaluate it properly in such a short time.

The attraction to Huskys, at least here and now, is getting a tag. By some stroke of luck, all but the CRs and TCs fall through a hole in the system. Plus they are giving them away now. My brother had a new TXC310 shipped from a dealer in CA to NJ for a lot less than you want for your GG!
The CR's at least 150 fall threw the loophole to. At least here!! I will tell you the ergo's on the new Gasser are leaps and bounds above the 11's and priors! 10 minutes does tell me this. You can jump on a 12 or newer and I am telling you the thing feels GOOD! Seat height is way lower then a new generation Husky (AT LEAST 2 inches!) (I typically have my new generation Husky's lowered 1 inch front and rear)

Old 05-06-2013, 09:36 PM

I thought about it. I paid good money for this bike and I need to keep it. Perhaps the Husky blood will get out of me!!! I am gonna ride this puppy this weekend and see. Will have my buddy with me with a 2011 6 days 250 for comparison!! Anyone near MN is welcome to join us!! Huntersville MN (should be open this weekend!!) Will give in depth ride report! Thanks!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:11 PM

You don't have to tell me I own both platforms. Honestly, I think the Husky TXC is about the same height as the '12 GG, maybe a little higher but it's close. The GG seat lets you move off the side easy so the height does not seem as bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 05-07-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchman45 View Post
I thought about it. I paid good money for this bike and I need to keep it. Perhaps the Husky blood will get out of me!!! I am gonna ride this puppy this weekend and see. Will have my buddy with me with a 2011 6 days 250 for comparison!! Anyone near MN is welcome to join us!! Huntersville MN (should be open this weekend!!) Will give in depth ride report! Thanks!
Tell me about the Huntersville area trail system?
16' Specialized Fatboy trail
02' ZRX 1200r R.I.P.
72' Olds 500ci, Batten Heads, Street/Drag car, former CarCraft magazine centerfold (has-been)
15' TW200
Old 05-07-2013, 08:50 PM

I bought new a gg ec450, rode for about a year. last weekend rode my new 13 tc husky 449 for the first time, I'd give the edge to husky. all money aside. i ride(search out single track), the husky seems to have forks that arent quiet as stretched out as the gg, so the turning is faster for me, the traction control on the husky(cvs or whatever they call it) makes this bike stupid powerfull, i can be out of control going up over ruts, stumps, roots, rocks whatever and as long as i can keep my ars on the bike i'll get up the hill. considering money, $5,500 for a new bike, hands down, wether its in the same class as other 450's or not, is the best 450 4 stroke currently available.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nknudsen View Post
Tell me about the Huntersville area trail system?
Hi. It is not to bad. Nice tight singletrack (NOT 4 wheeler wide) there are miles of off road motorcycle only trails as well as horse only trails(that they stole from us basically)And some fire roads etc.. Some singletrack is slightly open but you will not average 24 MPH no matter who you are. There is a nice off road parking area just past the outpost bar on the main road on the right. Terrain is rather flat and very very sandy with lot and lots of whoops. Camping nearby along with a river that provides canoeing as well as tubing. Along with the Hunterville Outpost bar. Which has a new owner who is friendly and yes you can ride your unplated bike right to the bar for a burger. For prime Minnesota riding 30 minutes or so from Hunterville is Paul Bunyan State Forest.Or Floyd Martiue trail system Simply HEAVEN!! If you like tight gnarly rocky root infested lots of elevation changes! WOW and LOTS of miles of trails!(they have held National Enduros there) So that tells you it is a good place to ride! For a boring day or high speed practice on 4 wheeler wide trail 30 minutes from either area. Cosists of 4 wheeler wide trails camping and lakes with a nice parking area. Let me know if anyone is interested. I will find out on Thursday if the areas are open (Should be for this weekend and rest of season)
Old 05-07-2013, 10:35 PM

Huskys are being blown out cheap now. There are thousands leftover in warehouses. Good if you like the bikes. I'd be more excited about Huskys if the two strokes were more modern, 250s that is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 05-08-2013, 01:02 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

There has been quite a bit of Internet chatter regarding husky recently
http://www3.varesenews.it/english/ar....php?id=261380
Old 05-08-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchman45 View Post
Hi. It is not to bad. Nice tight singletrack (NOT 4 wheeler wide) there are miles of off road motorcycle only trails as well as horse only trails(that they stole from us basically)And some fire roads etc.. Some singletrack is slightly open but you will not average 24 MPH no matter who you are. There is a nice off road parking area just past the outpost bar on the main road on the right. Terrain is rather flat and very very sandy with lot and lots of whoops. Camping nearby along with a river that provides canoeing as well as tubing. Along with the Hunterville Outpost bar. Which has a new owner who is friendly and yes you can ride your unplated bike right to the bar for a burger. For prime Minnesota riding 30 minutes or so from Hunterville is Paul Bunyan State Forest.Or Floyd Martiue trail system Simply HEAVEN!! If you like tight gnarly rocky root infested lots of elevation changes! WOW and LOTS of miles of trails!(they have held National Enduros there) So that tells you it is a good place to ride! For a boring day or high speed practice on 4 wheeler wide trail 30 minutes from either area. Cosists of 4 wheeler wide trails camping and lakes with a nice parking area. Let me know if anyone is interested. I will find out on Thursday if the areas are open (Should be for this weekend and rest of season)
That sounds like an area to sample in the future. Thanks!
16' Specialized Fatboy trail
02' ZRX 1200r R.I.P.
72' Olds 500ci, Batten Heads, Street/Drag car, former CarCraft magazine centerfold (has-been)
15' TW200