Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:29 AM

Default 2019 EC300 mods

First of all I am loving the EC. Getting off a WR450 I feel like I am a better rider on the Gasgas.

Question. What modifications and accessories do you recommend on the EC for Enduro and XC racing. Also where do you get these items.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwind15 View Post
First of all I am loving the EC. Getting off a WR450 I feel like I am a better rider on the Gasgas.

Question. What modifications and accessories do you recommend on the EC for Enduro and XC racing. Also where do you get these items.
A decent bash plate
Rad Braces
Pipe protection optional

Go through the carb and get rid of the stock jetting, ensure float is correct.
I personally have the head machined to reduce tolerances and correct compression ratio before trying to jet them. Costs a bit but everything falls into place quicker after. Improved economy, stability to alt/temp changes, and a bit more powaah as well.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
A decent bash plate
Rad Braces
Pipe protection optional

Go through the carb and get rid of the stock jetting, ensure float is correct.
I personally have the head machined to reduce tolerances and correct compression ratio before trying to jet them. Costs a bit but everything falls into place quicker after. Improved economy, stability to alt/temp changes, and a bit more powaah as well.
Sorry for the novice question, but I haven't owned a water cooled smoker for years.

I have a rad "guard" on my scooter, what purpose does the "rad brace" serve(obviously bracing) and why does the "rad" need bracing more than the factory has supplied it with? And is it needed by all and sundry or is needing one more specific to different riding styles and terrain?
Old 06-27-2019, 03:09 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
Sorry for the novice question, but I haven't owned a water cooled smoker for years.

I have a rad "guard" on my scooter, what purpose does the "rad brace" serve(obviously bracing) and why does the "rad" need bracing more than the factory has supplied it with? And is it needed by all and sundry or is needing one more specific to different riding styles and terrain?
The rads are very soft sideways. If they get an impact they will bend.

This is after my bike falling over at walking pace, but it fell just on top of a suitably sized rock. However, mine is not a 19 model, but I would be surprized if the 19 rads are any stiffer / heavier.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 06-27-2019, 04:36 AM

^^^Thanks for the reply brother What was your remedy

PS: Looking at my '19 fitted with "guards", obviously the guard is going to absorb some of the impact from the side(obviously not as much as a "brace").......Anders, did you have "guards" on your bike?
Old 06-27-2019, 05:15 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:

PS: Looking at my '19 fitted with "guards", obviously the guard is going to absorb some of the impact from the side(obviously not as much as a "brace").......Anders, did you have "guards" on your bike?
My remedy was to pull it back into shape. As I said, they are quite soft.

I had no guards/braces then. But now I have the Bulletproof design guards. They are made of billet aluminium and very sturdy.

Installed on my 2015

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 06-27-2019, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

By guards, do you mean the plastic shrouds? They offer next to no support when you throw 100kg against an immobile object with the point of force being the edge of a radiator.