Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:22 PM

Default Footpeg decisions

I crunched my stock footpegs and need some new ones. Grip on the stockers was fine, so I don't need anything super aggressive (like the IMS Pro Series). I'm basically torn between the Fastways and the Pivot Pegs.

Fastways:

Pros:
-a little cheaper than Pivot Pegs
-wide platform
-nice product

Cons:
-wide platform reduces distance to shifter and brake pedal - bad for my size 11 feet

Pivot Pegs:

Pros:
-lifetime warranty
-similar dimensions to stockers
-great traction with pivot function

Cons:
-pricey (but the warranty makes up for it)
-not sure how I feel about pivoting pegs without trying them

I also considered the Sunline ARC pegs but they're too expensive.

I've read through all the topics and am having trouble deciding. Is the width of the fastways an issue. Is the pivoting feel really weird? I've never had issues on a mountain bike which have rotating pedals, so I figure I shouldn't have much issues.

Thoughts?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:51 PM

I wore my first set of fastways out. THey didn't have the removeable pins. THe current setup is on it's second set of pins. I really like the width and the distance thing doesn't bug me. I assume you have one of the longer shifters anyways. I just recently took the fancy SCAR pegs of my bike and put the fastways on from my old bike. I ran them in the lowboy position on the 02 but have decided to run them in the high position on the 07.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:52 PM

I forgot to mention that canted back a little the fastways really grip your boot.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:11 PM

I recently saw the Sunlines for $100 at Iron Pony Motorsports. I was very tempted but went with the IMS pegs.
'09 GG 280 TXT (to learn on)
'02 BMW R1150RT (for racking up the miles)
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough
Old 02-20-2009, 01:39 PM

I have the Pivot Pegs on my KTM and really like them. I adjusted to them almost immediately and they never felt strange to me at all. Some poeople say they feel strange but no issues here. I'm 6' tall and I really believe they make life easier on my 51yo knees. Realize they are a maintenance item and will need service (lubing, o-rings, springs etc.) every so often. I have had 1 spring break and snapped one off in a rock garden (replaced free). Have a full rebuild kit on hand at all times is my advice. They also can be lowered by switching the right and left mount. At some point I'll probably put them on the Gasser but it came with the IMS Pro series and I need to see how those work out first.

I have ridden with the Fastways on a friends bike for just a bit and did not like them at all. I had problems with my foot getting stuck on the front edge of the peg and not releasing smoothly. Admittedly it was not even an entire ride so probably not a fair review. I will not buy them though I know that and they are so strong it can rip the mounts from you frame.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I have Pivot Pegz on both my bikes and love them. They seem to make it easier to shift and brake while standing. I think it's strange now when I get on a bike without them, it feels like something is missing.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:23 PM

I've had the camber adjusting screw head shear off on my Fastway pegs twice and it has also happened to a buddy's pegs also he welded a nut on his.
Next time I will try the pivot pegs.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I had the Fastway flooroboards and hated them.
1) Too wide. Made it very hard to get my toe under the shifter.
2) After using for awhile the front row of screws would wear off but the back row looked brand new which showed that my foot was tilted forward more.
3) Bent both in deep ruts hitting rocks.

So I put on a set of Moose stainless footpegs with the convex platform.

1) Great grip. The raised bar in the center provides a single row of contact so it bits in good. Does it wear your boot out faster? Way less than that stock small brake pedel does. I'm a stand up rider and have not noticed any sore feet at all riding for 60 mi. on the single row. Just great grip
2) With the lower row on the front of the peg there is no noticeable wear on the front edge like my fastways did.
3) Wear. I bought this pegs for my Husaberg first and put a 1000 mi. on them. Took them off and put them on my GG and with another 1200mi. on them they still look almost new.
4) I was looking a the pivot pegs when I bought the moose pegs but I didn't like the the idea that if I hit them or pack them with mud they might be rotated the wrong way.
5) Have not bent one yet.

I give the Moose pegs a and 2 thumbs up.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:24 AM

I vote for the PivotPegz. Make operating the controls much easier. I find them completely natural but have heard of people hating them.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:58 PM

I had Fastways on my '03. They were too wide for me, and too close to the shifter. Super strong, probably too strong. If you whack a rock with that peg, likely the mount will tear off. For that reason I'll stick to the stock pegs for now. Its eaiser to straighten/replace a peg than a mount. I would like to try the pivot pegs though.