Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:58 AM

Default EC250 aftermarket kill button

Hi!

After I went DC for my ec250 07 I have a problem with the connection of a new aftermarket kill switch/button. According to the wiring diagram of the manual the oem kill switch is connected via the horn (grey wire) to the yelow wire (AC power). The Yellow/Green wire to Black wire (ground) of the harness. I disconnected the horn when I bought the bike and the oem kill switch was still working. I connected the new kill switch in the same way but it does not work. The bike starts but the kill button doesn't kill it.

Should I keep the one connection to the black wire of the harness and connect the 2nd wire of the kill switch to the White/Blue wire of the coil? I saw that I could disconnect this wire easily and replace the simple connector with a "double" connector so that the 2nd wire of the kill button can be connected there. Is this the way the kill button is attached on the DE models that I think they don't have the wiring harness of the EC model?

I am waiting for your replies!

Thank you!

Old 01-21-2008, 01:24 AM

Nobody can answer this question? Is it ok to connect the kill switch to the White/Blue wire going from the CDI to the coil? I am asking first in order not to damage the CDI.

Regards,

Leon
Old 01-21-2008, 02:59 AM

There seems to be an error on the gasgas electric schema. The horn is connected to the CDI and the oem kill button to the horn. So, for two days I have been using the horn to shut off the engine...

Best Regards,

Leon