Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Motocross center

Has anyone else Ben cut off from motocross center in the USA they stopped my last order said I have to go threw dealer or they will get in trouble from gasgas I own 6 gasgas bikes I think I deserve to buy my parts were I get them in a timely manner and a decent price

Old 07-02-2016, 05:34 AM

Sad to hear this after all the "good" stuff we heard about GG coming back.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:42 AM

I think a supplier deal will mean more volume overall from dealers. I'm sure a lot of people who GG bikes have never heard of Motocross Center. Now they have access to the parts and upgrade kits.

You're also implying GG is forcing them into this. There are 2 parties in a supplier agreement. Motocross Center obviously agreed to work with GG directly so lets hold of judgement.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 07-02-2016, 06:07 AM

Default Moy

Motocross center has Ben great and I will ride gasgas till the end I just liked being able to count on my parts being available it was just getting good
Old 07-02-2016, 07:51 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Motocross Center for the USA

There is a part of this information that is incorrect and let me help shed some light on the matter. The old parts manager from the GasGas factory in their time of desperation 12-14 allowed "motocross center" to purchase parts from the factory direct and from the vendors at the same price as those distributors throughout the world that had made commitments and financial investment into the company of GasGas. GasGas didn't require motocross center to buy bikes, or even be a unit selling dealer, motocross center became their wholesaler place to dump what they could and motocross center being in Spain took advantage of a situation like most would and went direct to the vendors when GG was down. Of course those vendors would sell parts to them, they had to sell to someone. Was it fair as a reseller they were getting parts at same price as distributors? No.

Great for motocross center, great for the customer, but good for the dealer network or the distribution network trying to make GasGas grow within their own country? This is the same reason why back in 2014 (Gofasters) stopped selling to the consumer completely, to help regain a dealer network and it started working. Other dealers stepped up, new dealers came aboard because they felt it was now a fair dealer network. Show me a dealer that will stock 5 to 10 GG's on their floor and be ok with the customer going overseas to get the parts for that bike at the same or lower price than they can get purchase the parts for?

The new manager is now placing contracts with vendors to protect GasGas and the distributors from such dealerships or resellers invading their potential parts sales. I would have to assume almost every other company has this same practice.

Torrot is making a HUGE investment in North America with plans for the first 3 years that rival any financial input from GasGas over the last 20 years for the market. They want to protect that investment and grow this company. Parts are flowing into the US new warehouse every two weeks. Since it opened in April we have increased inventory by $25,000 with plans of another $125,000 growth in stock by the end of 2016. A parts ordering system will debut next week with the dealers, and more to come. So give your local dealer a chance, so that he may be there when you have a wiring problem, or need that brake lever you broke on a Saturday before a race on Sunday.

If you have issues, or concerns about certain things, feel free to email me privately, I will listen and try to respond as quick as possible. I know one subject is plastics, yes, we are working on price elements with the factory on plastics pricing already.

Hope this helps shed some light on the situation.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:45 AM

So where can I find a list of dealers?
Old 07-02-2016, 08:52 AM
Site Sponsor

Default website

http://www.gasgasmotos.us/dealer-locator/

This is the current dealer list for the enduro side. We will have a new website within the next 2 weeks and by the end of July, all the dealers that sign contracts for 2017 in US and Canada for both enduro and trials will be on the website.

From this point forward, there isn't a trial dealer or an enduro dealer. If you are a GasGas dealer, you have access to both sides and the Electric kids bikes that are coming soon as well.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:26 PM

Thanks Mark.

So much going on that we aren't aware of. I think its best to not jump to conclusions.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 07-02-2016, 08:54 PM

Default Motocross center

One of the biggest problems is most gasgas dealer are small shops and don't order parts until they have a bunch of orders so some times we end up waiting weeks before they even order the parts it's the time frame that's the problem
Old 07-02-2016, 10:11 PM

Wow!, not the news I wanted to see. I had a big order queued up to put in tomorrow night when they opened back up after inventory. That probably explains why my cart would mysteriously empty itself, and payment kept getting denied.

I'll probably have to cancel the 5 day trip I have planned for next weekend, no way will any US dealers have what I need in stock or be able to deliver by the end of the week. A little warning would have been really nice

Is there going to be any new CO dealers?
Closed Thread