Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:57 AM

I hope they make a cool electric enduro dirt bike with a 70 mile range.

Old 09-27-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_j View Post
First company to do that gets my cash. Would be nice if it's GG, but others are ahead in the development race.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_j View Post
I think that is the unicorn lots of us are waiting for. Can't see it being branded as a 'GasGas'.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:33 PM

No I think Gas Gas enduro is ded. And for a short time they will use GasGas and KTM brand on trail bike. Then after some years they will take away GasGas brand and become KTM trial bikes. I now how it works I have been working at Compaq. It cost a lot to keep up a brand name.

Cur GasGas GP 300-18, Prev GasGas EC 300 Racing-13, GasGas EC 300-10, GasGas EC 300-07 GasGas EC 300-05, GasGas EC 250-02,Suzuki RM250-98,Suzuki RM250-88, Honda CR250-86, Yamaha YZ400-79, Beta CR125-81, SWM 50-77, Italjet 50-76 www.dufvenberg.com
/Larsa
Old 09-27-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
Being one of this above mentioned slimey Austrians I hate to say it, but KTM management are unbelieveable slimey bastards. Not sayin' anything negative about their bikes, just the people behind the brand.

Biggest bike dealer in Austria is a close friend so I have some insight and believe me, these people are f***ing bastards. Remember what happened to Husaberg and Husqvarna. Not a bright future for GasGas...
I meant no offence to you or fellow Austrians. I just have a severe distaste for Ktm and their business tactics. I know the guy who basically put Ktm in Australia back when they were no one and they basically slit his throat when it was not in there best interest.
I can not see nice things happening with this. But I am sceptical. Maybe I can be surprised...
Old 09-27-2019, 09:50 PM

KTM is starting to remind me of the Borg.

I too think this will be the end of GasGas as a unique bike. Red KTM likely will be the future.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:11 AM

Would have been better if Brp had formed a partnership with them, still miss my 1974 t'nt 175.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:57 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Speculation

Nobody has probably ran more scenarios in their head more than me in the last month when i was told KTM was now one of the possible investor choices.

I believe Mr Pierer looks to the Chevrolet Group formula as his business model, meaning multiple lines for more coverage and options for the consumer. If a certain line doesn't gain enough traction, then he shuts it down (aka Husaberg).

GasGas has a REAL potential now to gain traction, it has a passionate following and a stronger name than Husaberg.

Lets face it, the decisions made by 2 different managers of GasGas (neither of which had any experience in powersports industry) in the last 8 years makes my head hurt and my stomach ache. Dakar? Twice? Last time on KTM's painted red? 1 million per trip to Dakar? A 2012 Enduro model that should have been scrapped immediately and gone back to the 2011 model until they had the design working properly. Signing 2 high profile pro trials ridersin 2018 instead of one, in an area already over run with too manufacturers fighting for the same small market. Outsourcing the enduro race efforts for high dollars and signing Nambotin, Barragan, Aubert, and McCanney? Why so many big names, sign one big name and get back to the roots of your two stroke which is the young new riders coming up? I could go on and on, but despite their claims of listening to their markets, they did what they wanted to do.

Pierer is aggressive and not afraid to take chances. He owns majority of KTM, 100% of Husqvarna, WP suspension, a MAJOR Radiator company that not only sells radiators back to Husky, KTM and other MC's but to Volkswagon and many Euro Car manufacturers plus 25% of redbull and many, many other projects.

While i haven't seen or been told about the COMPLETE details of the collaboration and i don't know what this will mean for my team of employee's who i love dearly (they work hard for GasGas) and what we have been trying to do in the last 3 years without much support from Spain. I think this backing/cooperation brings a stability much needed, brings a direction of focus which is much needed. GasGas now has a legitimate chance to be one of those brands under the umbrella of the group. I hope GasGas becomes the Chevrolet Buick, but it is up the consumer, the dealer and most importantly the factory in Spain to get their act together and NOT blow this opportunity, or yes, Pierer might scrap it in 3 years.

Lets give it a chance, not run away just yet and support the change, because as much as i don't want to say it...it was needed or GasGas (after the last management) would be gone already. We have done all we can the last 8 months to keep things moving forward with the image that things will be ok. Well, here is our chance to prove that everything......will be ok.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:50 AM

Thanks Mark for your insight. I truly hope myself and others are wrong for you and your crew's sake and for us GG riders. I will try hard to have a wait and see approach.

That said, I was planning on purchasing a new bike (GG of course) within the next year. However, now I'm scared to buy a new GG as I don't know where the company is going. KTM really needs to assure us GG owners that they aren't going to just up and kill the brand or I don't see many people making the investment in purchasing new bikes.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 09-28-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrot NA - Mark Berg View Post
Dakar? Twice? Last time on KTM's painted red? 1 million per trip to Dakar?
That was inexplicable indeed