Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:34 PM

Default SIX DAYS Gas Gas 250

I was wondering what is so special about the SIX DAYS Gas Gas 250 other then its graphics and plastics.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:37 PM

Mabe a 2k2 ignition which is lighter and offers less lighting. I think thats about it.
Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Site Sponsor

Normally the "Six Days" bikes would have different suspension valving, different cdi "maping" and of course a version of that years ISDE graphics.

You can get the same suspension valving and maping found in the "Six Days" models in the "Race" versions. The graphics are only availble for a limited time.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist
Old 03-08-2009, 10:37 AM

In europe, the six days bikes are identical to the regular enduro bikes. Only difference is the plastics.

The 'racing' versions (250 & 300) are identical mehancially with the exception of the suspension and a few freebies that gasgas throw in with the bike - piston, gaskets etc. Engine is identical to standard enduro bike.

Fergus
Old 03-08-2009, 08:28 PM

Six days bikes are not identical to the regular enduro bikes. 2k-2 ignition comes in them plus different suspension valving.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
Six days bikes are not identical to the regular enduro bikes. 2k-2 ignition comes in them plus different suspension valving.

Maybe so on USA spec bikes. However, in Europe, the six days bikes are identical to regular EC bikes.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:27 AM

I just rode a six days bike in Greece. It had the 2k-2.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Site Sponsor

Over the years the actual confirguration of GasGas rental Six Days bikes can have a lot to do with what the local importer wants on the bikes as they end up owning them after Six Days and have to sell them.

If the importer has no preference then GasGas will build the bike it feels will do the best in that year's particular Six Days riding conditions.

As a whole the bikes are set up for AA style riders who normally appreciate quicker reving motors and slighlty stiffer valving.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:23 PM

Ok, I think there is some confusion over the 'six days' bikes we are discussing here.
If Speedy Maniac & Berkyboy are referring to the rental bikes that GG supply for the actual six day enduro, then yes, they will have obviously have some changes to them. They will be racier with more race-focused suspension than standard.

The six days bikes I refer to are the ones available to the public through any of the GG dealers here in Europe. I have sold 5 of them so far (250 & 300) and they have all been identical to the regular enduro bikes, with 2K3 ignition, regular forks & shock etc. My own EC300 six days has 2K3 ignition also.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Site Sponsor

Like I said earlier the configuration you've been getting has most likely been up to your GasGas importer as they have a lot to say about what the configuration their "stock" EC (Endurocross) bikes will have including ignition, suspension, plastic etc.

To me a "Six Days" bike is always a bike that's set up for competition, very similar to the "Race" bikes only with the "Six Days" graphics package. As to my knowledge no actual Six Days replica bikes were brought into the US this year so I don't know how they would have been configured.