Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:44 AM

Default 2006 EC300 bars

Just got the coin down on a used 06 EC300. Did i read somewhere that the stock Hebo bars are an odd size and can give some hassle with fitting bark busters etc?

I have a set of new Maguras that i presume would slap straight on and could make life easier.

Thanks

Old 04-25-2007, 10:29 AM

I have an 06 ec250 and once I found out that the bark buster's bar mounts were tapered, I didn't have any problem with mounting them on the Hebo bars other than drilling out the ends of the bars, for some reason they have an obstruction in both sides!?!?!? The Hebo's seem to be as strong and durable as the Magura.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmc400 View Post
Just got the coin down on a used 06 EC300. Did i read somewhere that the stock Hebo bars are an odd size and can give some hassle with fitting bark busters etc?

I have a set of new Maguras that i presume would slap straight on and could make life easier.

Thanks
They are an odd size, you will have to drill the ends out like bukwheat stated.
The more you cut them down the bigger problems you will have fitting conventional style Bark buster mounts, as the bar is a tapered style.
I had to modify my Cycra mounts ( Magura clamps the largest offered) after I cut the bar ends off. Some work with a Dremel tool on the clamps and they do fit good. Be patient and trial fit and take a bit of material off and try again until they fit right.
You can always buy other style mounts that don't even clamp to the handle bar but they do cost allot, but also free up some valuable room for Enduro equipment. My Hebo bars have taken great abuse and are still as straight as the day I got the bike, quality handlebars, they just take a bit of patience to set up. Good luck, Roscoe
Old 04-25-2007, 08:23 PM

Thanks guys. I am going to try a set of KTM plastic wrap arounds i have here on my 450exc and see how i go. You can see scratch marks on the bars were the previous owner has clearly had some BB's fitted, so i am rather hoping the work has already been done to the bar end!

If that doesn;t work, i'll sling my spare Maguras on.