Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2009, 12:51 PM

Thumbs up Fasstco Handguard Hitch

I've been running Flexx bars since the beginning of 2008 as a way to reduce arm pump. I can't say enough good things about them, but I did have complaints about the barkbuster mounts. Traditional clamps don't work on these bars as they need to allow rotation for the flex to actually work. Last season I used some BRP mounts that were terrible. They used a bolt running through the mount and washers to allow rotation. They didn't work, and the long 6mm bolt was inadequate. I bent many bolts, then managed to break some at the ISDE in Greece. I was not a happy camper with the setup, to say the least.

Finally, this winter Fasstco released their own bark buster mount - the Handguard Hitch. They retail for $79.95. Here's a link: http://www.fasstco.com/products/flexx/acc.shtml. When I pulled them out of the box, I was immediately impressed by the quality of the units - typical Fasstco. Fasstco products are usually on the pricey side, but everything they make is very well thought out and 100% American made. The handguard hitches were no exception and bolted up easily. They came with sleeves to allow proper tightening of them while maintaining smooth flex in the bars. Perfect. Took me about 10 minutes to install them. No tweaking barkbusters, drilling or anything else. Bolt 'em on and go.

Ride: great. These mounts finally let the bars flex the way they should yet provide a sturdy mount. I was really happy to have them at the Desert 100. My hands are fine after 100 miles of brutal desert terrain. I've had a few crashes on them on rocky terrain with no tweaking of the barkbusters (I'm using cycra pro bends, by the way).

Overall, I'd give them 10/10 and a must buy for anyone with Flexx bars. Actually, all of the Fasstco products I have (Flexx bars, Handguard Hitches and Spoke Torque wrench) get a 10/10. They guys at Fasstco are great and I can't speak enough about the quality of their products.