Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:14 PM

Default please help....can't bleed clutch

I have been trying fruitlessly to bleed my clutch from the slave with a large syringe. The slave is removed from the chassis. I removed the slave piston to inspect the O rings and remove some debris that was in there. I was able to get the slave cylinder filled with mineral oil through the bled valve and replaced the cylinder with an overflow of excess oil. The piston is help in place with a C clamp so it won't pop out. I'm confident the slave cylinder has no air.

I cannot for the life of me get oil to reenter the line up to the master. Any pressure I apply with the syringe only causes oil to leak out from the banjo fitting/bleeder junction. There is NO oil rising up the line and into the master reservoir. I have tried pumping the lever while applying pressure to the syringe and zip tied the lever halfway to the bar....nothing helps...I'm stumped!

Old 10-12-2011, 10:29 AM

Make sure lever is adjusted all the way out. I usually just take lever off to make sure there is no pressure on master cylinder. Try that.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:09 PM

Default Yep....that did it

I had the pin that drives the master cranked all the way in (lever max away from the bar)....that was putting pressure on the master and preventing flow. I wound the pin out and she bled nicely but still some resistance to flow.

Mebbe next time I will do as you say and take the lever right off. I have to rebleed with "proper" mineral oil as I used the drugstore stuff after I pushed my Motorex hydraulic fluid all over the floor out around the bleed valve before figuring this out.

Thanks