Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:41 AM

Default 2014 ec300 e start no spark

hi all i am struggling to get my 2014 ec300 to run its always run like a swiss watch in the 4 years i've had it, took it to a track the other week ran fine warming it up then died after half a lap like it ran out of fuel. got it back to the van checked it had fuel all good but had no spark stuck a new plug in and it fired straight up but started pouring fuel out of the overflow so turned it off to sort out the needle valve and its never fired up since. i've tried 4 new plugs, a new ignition coil, checked the stator, cleaned up all the earths and connectors, checked i've got all the feeds to the cdi. am i right in thinking that the cdi isn't fed ac voltage from the stator on e start bikes as it looks like it just uses the trigger on the wiring diagram which would then point to the cdi being dead.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:01 PM

It doesn?t say in that big chunk of text if you sorted out the flooding carby?
If I remember correctly the 2014 model was battery powered, so you need a good charge in the battery to have spark.

The crank case might be full of fuel too so it may help to drain it after the carby is sorted. (Not the gearbox but the Allen key under the crankshaft.)
Old 07-23-2021, 11:18 PM

On keyless e start bikes ,they require a input from the stator to the cdi to excite /turn on cdi.This turns off everything when you turn bike off and it senses crankshaft not turning .This is to save battery etc.This is why your headlight remains on and turns off after a few seconds .
This input goes to pins 5 and 6 on cdi plug ,Red black, Blue wire sharing a 4 pin plug with wires from ignition pick up .
The CDI rarely fails but stator does .Not sure of voltage but there is a resistance measurement (I think about 12 ohms)
It would be like motor turning over with the ignition key off.
This is taken off wiring Diagram from my 2021 Reiju MR 300 which is the same as a 2019 e300 which is prob the same as yours
Good luck
Old 07-24-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser Nate View Post
It doesn?t say in that big chunk of text if you sorted out the flooding carby?
If I remember correctly the 2014 model was battery powered, so you need a good charge in the battery to have spark.

The crank case might be full of fuel too so it may help to drain it after the carby is sorted. (Not the gearbox but the Allen key under the crankshaft.)
Yes I did sort the flooding. It has a litium battery on it that has been fully charged and tried it with a jump pack still no go. It certainly looks like the cdi is battery powered if the wiring diagram is correct.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditezz View Post
On keyless e start bikes ,they require a input from the stator to the cdi to excite /turn on cdi.This turns off everything when you turn bike off and it senses crankshaft not turning .This is to save battery etc.This is why your headlight remains on and turns off after a few seconds .
This input goes to pins 5 and 6 on cdi plug ,Red black, Blue wire sharing a 4 pin plug with wires from ignition pick up .
The CDI rarely fails but stator does .Not sure of voltage but there is a resistance measurement (I think about 12 ohms)
It would be like motor turning over with the ignition key off.
This is taken off wiring Diagram from my 2021 Reiju MR 300 which is the same as a 2019 e300 which is prob the same as yours
Good luck

I have a 2 pin plug coming out of the stator with blue and red wires that isn't used and looks like it's not used on the diagram, I just have the 2 wires going from the stator to the regulator and the 2 wires from the flywheel pickup to the cdi.
Old 07-24-2021, 12:06 PM

The 2014 owner's manual has a wiring diagram for non-estart and a wiring diagram for estart. The estart diagram clearly shows that the single winding on the stator is not used (red,blue). The non-estart diagram shows it connected to the CDI.

The estart diagram shows that "key on" powers the CDI with DC. The "key off" position grounds the ignition the same as the kill button. The flywheel pickup output is also grounded.

All the wires needed to be traced and checked. A bad kill button or key switch could keep the ignition grounded. A pinched wire would result in the same problem.

As a test you should be able to connect to any of the wires shown as 48, 49, 56, and 57/62 and see continuity to ground when you press the kill button or turn off the key switch. Have the CDI unplugged so any internal circuitry does not create odd results.

I have seen a bad key switch on a 2012 model.
Old 07-24-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwdom View Post
I have a 2 pin plug coming out of the stator with blue and red wires that isn't used and looks like it's not used on the diagram, I just have the 2 wires going from the stator to the regulator and the 2 wires from the flywheel pickup to the cdi.
Your off road enduro bike has a key?
Old 07-25-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditezz View Post
Your off road enduro bike has a key?

No just a toggle switch to turn it on.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:24 AM

So it's been modified to have a toggle switch instead of the key switch? I'm not up on the newer machines, was this something from the factory? Your first post seems to indicate you have an estart bike.
Old 07-27-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil E. View Post
So it's been modified to have a toggle switch instead of the key switch? I'm not up on the newer machines, was this something from the factory? Your first post seems to indicate you have an estart bike.

It's a genuine gas gas toggle switch ignition and yes it is e start.