Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 12-10-2006, 04:12 PM

Default 50mm duel cartridge-totally ignorant

I'm completely ignorant to the definition of cartridge forks. I just bought a 05 MC250 with the 50mm duel cartridge Marzocchi forks. The bike didn't come with any sort of manual. I don't even know what duel cartridge means, or cartridge forks for that matter. I replaced the seals on my 95 CR500 with inverted forks once. I believe these are considered cartridge forks, but they looked like regular old forks to me, just uspide down.

I went to try and install bleeders from a KTM I used to have, and what I thought was the bleeder oozed pink fluid, and I thought someone had filled it up with ATF. I called Mark at Gofasters and he said he had the same experience and knew no more than I did.

Is anyone familiar with these forks, can explain how they work, or tell me anything about them? I'm curious as to how much trouble fork seal replacement will be when the time comes. I assume clymer or Haynes doesn't yet have service manuals for GG products, but I wonder if Marzocchi might have a manual for their forks.

Any input is welcome.

Matt

Old 12-10-2006, 05:24 PM

Click on Tech Articles above, then Manuals, and you'll find the book for 50mm 'zokes'.