Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:09 PM

Point taken, but the guys I train with all race Pro, A or Vet A, and a bunch of us are planning on going to Greece. We train by setting up a loop (well, two loops: a long enduro loop and a short special test loop) then session it like we're running a day at the ISDE. Ride an enduro loop or two, 5 minute break, special test, enduro loop, break, special test, etc, until we can't move anymore. The thing with enduro is you don't have the same mental game as a harescramble. You're not racing head to head with other guys, you're racing against the clock. Takes a different mental approach IMHO.

I have learned to back off on the super tight and technical stuff because it's just not there at the ISDE. You do need some technical riding skills, but the more important part is stamina and being able to haul ass in the special tests.

If I decide to do the Romaniacs as well I'll ride some more gnarly stuff and work on my trials technique. Otherwise it will be mostly motocross.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

I would love to come up your way and do some quality riding this spring, maybee pull Scotty Kinakin and Murrey Shaw out of the wood work.Same goes here, cmon down. I have not been getting these quality rides that i used to get down at McNutt and Vedder I miss my old crew and time is not on my side. So I'm going to go out of my way this year to do some hardcore riding even if I have to do it by myself. The problem here is that on the group rides it allways comes down to accomadating the pussy's and lesser riders which drives me crazy and just drags one down.Same old thing, nobody wants to UP their game just spout off a bunch of alcohol influenced rhetoric, whine and bitch.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:02 PM

I always wanted to stop off at some places where we were practicing for enduros and just play, trials style. Unfortunately the other guys just wanted to haul ass. Philistines!

Anyway an idea: hook up with a couple of trials guys who don't mind you coming along, or more importantly, having an enduro bike with them, and just play ride. Find a big step and try and ride it. River full of boulders, big hill with roots etc. This is what Chris Birch does (the guy who finished 3rd in the Romaniacs). A lot of his practicing is like this.

'06 Raga Rep

(hopefully '08 EC200 & '10 TXT Pro 250 soon)
Old 01-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Tim. I used to do that kind of riding all the time and the funny thing is that the trials guys never got their noses out of joint because they could appreciate that we were super hardcore not to mention we were respectfull as not to drill their trails out. I love that kind off stuff, but I guess it takes a certain type.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:56 PM

I don't think it'll be a problem with the guys proper WB. Depends on the venue. Some farmers let trials bikes on the land but not enduro bikes 'cause of the extra noise and, worse, erosion problems.

What's wrong with spouting off a bunch of alcohol influenced rhetoric, whining and bitching? Sounds like benchracing to me

'06 Raga Rep

(hopefully '08 EC200 & '10 TXT Pro 250 soon)
Old 01-25-2008, 11:16 PM

Speedy, sponsorship is advertising the person is investing in you and expects a return on that investment. That return on investment could be financial through increased sales or it might be goodwill and just give the sponser a good feeling inside. I would think that you should be working hard on improving you results here in Canada over your 07 showings and start saving your money.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:37 PM

Trust me, I am definitely working at improving my results. At the same time though, I'm getting more interested in international races and prefer the enduro format. That's why instead of hitting every race I can in BC/Alberta, I'm going to focus my efforts on races that will help my exposure and training, while not breaking my bank account. It's not set in stone yet, but I'm considering not doing the ODR series this year since I did not find them to be a great help for exposure or training. The PN races are longer, tougher and usually had more competition (there were boycott problems at the ODR in 07) so that's where I'm thinking of focusing my efforts. This will also give me a few more off weekends to do some major endurance rides and other prep for the ISDE and (hopefully) the Romaniacs.

All of the feedback I've gotten from my 07 sponsors has been positive. They were bummed to hear I DNF'd down in Chile, but are supporting me for Greece in 08.

Now, if this snow would melt I could actually get some seat time in...
Old 01-30-2008, 01:23 PM

Try this website

http://www.sportscounsel.com/

There are some articles about fund raising for clubs which you might find interesting and helpful.

You might have to dig around a bit on the website and also possible need to register.

Best of luck and go for it.

Kim
05 Pampera 250
Old 01-30-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebear View Post
I would love to come up your way and do some quality riding this spring, maybee pull Scotty Kinakin and Murrey Shaw out of the wood work.Same goes here, cmon down. I have not been getting these quality rides that i used to get down at McNutt and Vedder I miss my old crew and time is not on my side. So I'm going to go out of my way this year to do some hardcore riding even if I have to do it by myself. The problem here is that on the group rides it allways comes down to accomadating the pussy's and lesser riders which drives me crazy and just drags one down.Same old thing, nobody wants to UP their game just spout off a bunch of alcohol influenced rhetoric, whine and bitch.
Well, let me know if you want to do some riding this year. I ride with Scotty on a regular basis (and he drags Murrey out every now and then), plus we have a whole crew of guys who love riding the gnarly stuff. The best part is there is very little bitching and moaning, and if some does complain, they just don't get a phone call the next time we head out.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:52 PM

Looks like the ODR races are a mute point. The ODR is now dead (I'm mixed emotions, since I wasn't fond of some of their business practices, but at least they were passionate about racing), and their races will be PN sanctioned, but as their own series. Looks like I'll probably go to them now.