Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:49 PM

speed channel is running a show soon about the race in taupo. Never heard of it till this past week.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:44 AM

From what I heard down in Chile it sounds like Mexico will get it, and it will be held in the same area as the FunEnduro which is just outside Mexico City I believe.

From what I saw in Chile, the home country gets too many spots. There were riders there that did not belong at an international event. I was amazed, I had some lousy special tests on day 1 yet was still on silver medal time. I can't imagine how slow you have to go to barely stay on bronze.

FYI, it's not a simple matter of paying your money to go as a Canadian. You do have to be racing either A, AA or Pro to be allowed to go. That said, it is easier to qualify as a Canadian than an American.

I highly recommend anyone that has the desire to give the ISDE a go. It's an unbelievable experience and I can't wait for September 2008!
Old 01-20-2008, 01:14 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
I can't imagine how slow you have to go to barely stay on bronze.
It all totally depends on who's putting on the event. Some countries put on a more relaxed schedule than others. It is unfortunate if you got a minute behind local riders who didn't have to qualify.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 01-20-2008, 08:18 PM

Actually, the chilean on my minute was really, really fast. He won the fast C2 moto on day 6. But the Mexican rider also on my minute was pretty slow (he lost 20 minutes the first day). As a mid-pack A rider in Canada, I was mid-pack down there. I'm not the fastest guy, but not the slowest either. Which is where I imagine most guys wanting to go to the ISDE are.