Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I found two washers in my collection that were correct inner and outer diameter to match the broken (and lost) tab. I tacked one washer behind the existing tab, and then I ground the other washer into a "D" shape to match the missing bit. I proceeded to tack everything together and painted it for good luck. The bolt was a pain to install since the tab is thicker than before, but it works.

I do like the bolt on tab from above, good idea and great execution.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post
The angle iron is held in place because it's clamped between the chain roller tubing and the kickstand by the chain roller bolt. That bolt is the only thing that attaches the angle iron to the bike. The force that is put onto the kickstand when it's down tries to pull the kickstand towards the rear axle, the angle iron catches the inside of the frame and keeps the kickstand from being able to pull away.
Big thanks again to Longboardr for the creative solution; I think you should send the idea to the engineers at GG; how nice would it be if they incorporated something built a bit stronger to withstand the harsh duties of trail riding

My buddy came over last night with his welding kit and we attempted to replicate the piece/install. After a few attempts, multiple grinding sessions, and some bending of the piece with a hammer/vice, we were able to get it situated.

The one thing I couldn't figure out was making it "stay put" when attached to the kickstand bracket via the chain roller and bolt. It wanted to move around - primarily because there isn't enough room in the damn kick stand bracket to get a wrench in and tighten the main bolt - how the #$%@#$ do people tighten that bolt?

We (ie my buddy) ended up tacking a bit of weld to the fabbed piece and the frame to make it stay put. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts, hopefully longer than the original since it's more stout than that wimpy original tab.

I'll try to take some pictures and post; getting the springs stretched will probably be one of the hardest parts of putting her back together...lol.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:56 PM

Once my sidestands come off...they stay off. Too many trees to lean on, and stumps to set them on.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter007 View Post
Once my sidestands come off...they stay off. Too many trees to lean on, and stumps to set them on.
I understand this, but it's really not practical for me and I ride in Tillamook State Forest...lol.

My first foray back into this sport was on a YZ450 without a kick stand and it was a royal PIA trying to find a tree to lean the bike against all the time. Sure, a MX bike doesn't need a stand, but a trail bike does in my opinion - lots of times stopped trying to naviguess, have a quick bite to eat, help a buddy pull his bike out of a creek, etc.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:57 PM

Thought I'd post some pictures of the first failed attempt and the 2nd attempt that's hopefully successful (has yet to be trail tested)

I couldn't get the angle iron to "work properly" when reattaching the kickstand; the stand wanted to rotate and without the piece being attached, it would cause issues. The bolt attaching the kickstand is pretty weak IMO and it's hard as hell to get a wrench in that space to tighten. The first pic below is from the first attempt.

Thankfully, my buddy that knows welding was kind enough to come over again and this time he welded a piece of flat stock to the inside of the frame - on both sides of the foot peg. We bent this to get the right angle and then attached another piece of flat stock to the flimsy mounting tab that broke originally. Drilled through both sets and reattached. The only question now is whether the chain roller bolt has enough "bite" into the threaded portion on the kickstand mount. I'll probably pull it off and get a slightly longer bolt so I don't end up losing the roller on the trail over time.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:17 PM

did longboardrs type thing today

got the guy where i work to make this

butchered it up to this to clear in back

DRAWING OF TAB

fit it to frame

drilled thru for a couple of spring pins

ground about 1/16th off both sides of the roller bushing to better position the roller and put more threads in to the stand casting.

my old back hurts i'll clean this stuff up tomorrow

Last edited by clydesherb; 02-11-2014 at 03:36 PM. Reason: ADDED DRAWING