Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:50 PM

Location: Buckhorn Ont. May to Nov. Gold Canyon AZ Dec. to Apr.
Question 2013 300XC Sub Frame

I made a big mistake and flipped my bike over backwards, the result was I destroyed the plastic sub frame completely to include the rear fender, tail section and air box, the only parts left behind the gas tank is the exterior plastics.

I was wondering if anyone knows if a previous year aluminum sub frame would fit on a 2013? Not sure why they went to plastic, I am not planning on doing this again but, the way things are going you never know.

2011 Husqvarna TE449
2013 Gas Gas 300XC

Old 05-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Cool

Ouch, give Mark @ go-fasters a call he's got you covered. gonna be pricy.....
Old 05-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Banned

If this is as big a problem as it obviously is(I stand corrected from another thread) it should be a warranty issue from GasGas Spain. Get rid of these plastic bits and send over the aluminium subframe to every friggin owner in the U.S.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john r b View Post
Ouch, give Mark @ go-fasters a call he's got you covered. gonna be pricy.....
Thanks for the info, I have the new plastic parts on order already, but I think there should be a better alternative.
2011 Husqvarna TE449
2013 Gas Gas 300XC
Old 05-10-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
If this is as big a problem as it obviously is(I stand corrected from another thread) it should be a warranty issue from GasGas Spain. Get rid of these plastic bits and send over the aluminium subframe to every friggin owner in the U.S.
I wish they would warranty this.

Has anyone else had any issues with the sub frame? It certainly is not designed to take a hit.
2011 Husqvarna TE449
2013 Gas Gas 300XC
Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 PM

There have been a few cases for sure. I would not expect factory help for the subframe if there is none for the water pump covers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 05-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Banned

At least offer the new part at cost. There is a reason the European race models do not have the plastic subframe.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:38 PM

They appear to have a hybrid subframe. The upper rails are aluminum, all else appears the same or very close. It would be very hard to change to a full alloy conventional design without other major changes, considering how the subframe integrates with the inner fender and air box. I would guess that a major flip with that would still allow you to ride out, but the air box integrity would be questionable. This is just speculation assuming alloy upper rails, and knowing how it all fits together as I've had mine all apart, perhaps they changed other stuff as well.

I believe most of the problem can be fixed with an inner fender design and compound change. The guys who designed this must have been the same who did the cartridge filter air box.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
They appear to have a hybrid subframe. The upper rails are aluminum, all else appears the same or very close. It would be very hard to change to a full alloy conventional design without other major changes, considering how the subframe integrates with the inner fender and air box. I would guess that a major flip with that would still allow you to ride out, but the air box integrity would be questionable. This is just speculation assuming alloy upper rails, and knowing how it all fits together as I've had mine all apart, perhaps they changed other stuff as well.

I believe most of the problem can be fixed with an inner fender design and compound change. The guys who designed this must have been the same who did the cartridge filter air box.

Thanks for your feed back, that makes sense to me. I hope they come up with some better in the future that will fit this bike.
2011 Husqvarna TE449
2013 Gas Gas 300XC
Old 05-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post

It's completely alloy, the down tube has a plastic cover that looks like the plastic frame , the same two bolt setup as the plastic. Initially I thought the same. I'll take some pics today.

Current. 2015 ec300r estart, 98 RM 125

2013 Ec300r 2011 Ec300e 2009 Husky TE310
1982 XR500 Honda 1981 KE100 Kawasaki
1978 GT80 Yamaha