Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 05-23-2013, 09:52 AM

Default Ohlins ttx setup?

Wondering if any of you have some advice for me?

Just installed some new TTX inserts into my morzocchi forks.
What oil level are you guys running?
How many of those spring spacers have you guys installed?
Spring is correct for my weight.

I feel they are rather harsh, do they take some time to "run in"?
Feeling the forks in the garage, they feel pretty stiff, more SX than enduro.

I've only been out for about an hour on them.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:09 AM

Yes there going to take time to break in. I run 300 cc of 5w amsoil fork oil in each leg, 20cc more than recommended.My shock settings are 13 clicks out on rebound and 14 clicks out on comp. fork is 15 clicks out on compression and 14 on rebound. With .48 springs in the fork and 5.8kg spring on shock.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:42 AM

TREVOR
are your fork inserts stock TTX22? Haven't been revalved or anything?

How long did yours take to "run in"?
what did you do with your fork spring preload spacers? I got 10 x 2mm spacers in the kit. I've added 2 x 2mm spacers per fork. They fit before the spring(spring sits on them)
Old 05-23-2013, 12:54 PM

Yes they were stock ttx22 not rxf forks I 2 have 2 shims under each leg and the forks started to feel better around 40 hours 2 me. Initially they were quite harsh so I do understand where your coming from. After break in was when I did the springs and upped the oil level and went to skf seals. I liked them to start with but only when I was really pushing the bike not so much on tight technical singletrack but they are extremely good everywhere now.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Trev, are your forks in Sachs legs or Zoke legs though? This may make a difference to the volume.

BEEBOB, when you purchased them Ohlins would have sent out a spec sheet on the recommended volumes as well as total min and max. If you don't have this just email them and Stacey will be able to provide you with it. I did this just the other day as a mate has a 2nd hand Berg with TTX inserts and no documentation and wants some changes made. My approach was to start at the lower end of the spectrum and add 10cc of oil at a time until I achieved the bottoming resistance I required. I think in my Sachs legs I'm at around 280ml of 5wt motul.

Like Trev, mine also took a good several hours to break in and then began to feel really nice.

The spacers are for your spring preload. These specs are on the sheet you should have too. You need to actually take some measurements to determine how much preload you want to run, and how many shims it takes to achieve that. From memory I don't think I have any installed and have around 3mm preload. This can vary depending on your springs (and even from one spring to another slightly).

I'm only 75kgs nude, and around 95-100kgs when decked out for a ride and dripping in sweat. Running 5.4 rate rear spring and .46 fronts. 2010 model, TTX both ends, stock valved forks.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:27 PM

Yes your right jake mine are Sachs tubes not sure about the zokes. Curious though what are you replacing from 48mm zoke tubes?? Not the new CC zokes right??
Old 05-24-2013, 12:33 AM

Ok thanks for the advice...

Will take some measurement tonight.
I have a 2013 300e that has 45zoke std, but GG SA gave me a set of 48zokes off a 2010. Fitted TTX rear & inserts up front. I got the 48zokes feeling good but GG got me a set of TTX inserts anyways.

Will ride it a bit more before tinkering with spring preload & oil heights.
Think the oil height spec is between 280ml-400ml. I've got 380ml, maybe I should lower this to 300ml.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

The 48mm Zokes were only released late in 2011 and are a closed chamber design with the PFP adjuster incorporated into the cap. By the sounds of it you have been given a set of 48mm Sachs as thats what the alternate fork was for 2010/2011, in which case it'll be the same as what myself and Trevor are both using.

Ohlins also changed the valving from 2010 to 2011 which was a change for the better. Not a bad idea to confirm which ones you have. The later resist blowing throw the stroke and bottoming as easily.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:37 AM

Must be off a 2011 then.
They are the 48mm PFP Zokes.

The inserts are the new design.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Very nice. Any reason why you decided to swap out the cc internals for the ohlins? Most reports I've read have put them as good as, if not better.