Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:13 AM

Ya I agree with the float setting being questionable . If our bikes are leaned a little too far on the stand they dribble.
That would indicate that during riding the fuel would be dribbling pretty much all the time.
Ron and I have come to an understanding and I'm going to send him the carb back.
I had a larger pilot in the carb and it was actually worse than it is now.
The problem with loading up is very small right now but I'm not able to lean any more with pilot air screw combo.

I probably have a little bit different riding condition than most. We use these bikes to herd cows on a ranch and we go for long periods of very slow riding to wide open (chasing a cow getting away).
There might not be a total answer to my problem but I'm just looking to be able to reach down to the air screw and lean it enough that the bike won't load up .
Ideally we should probably be on 4 strokes but the trade off of weight , over heating, etc is not worth the penalty.
These GG bikes are pretty much perfect for what we do other than the typical 2 stroke jetting glitches.
Over all I do know Rons carb is very good and I'm confident we'll get to the bottom of the slow speed problem.
Thanks for everyones opinions,
Dana Young

Old 05-21-2009, 10:24 AM

A GasGas herding cows??? Classic! No jetting required for a horse

Sorry, not to make light of your problem, but that is cool! I'm sure RBD will get this taken care of. Good Luck
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 05-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Default GasGas herding cows!

I would love to see videos of this. That's classic!
Old 05-22-2009, 07:46 AM

You should not need to adjust the airscrew. I ride a lot of slow, technical woods at walking pace and when the jetting is right it doesn't load up. I do timecard enduros so often I am sat idling for a couple of minutes waiting for the check or special test.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:24 AM

I will definatly get some videos. We take this for granted up here in the sticks of Montana. There are horses (walnut brains) and there are 4 wheelers and scooters.We have used bikes for 50 yrs. They don't have a mind of there own most of the time ????? No feeding off hours. Never tired except the operator. Never lame. Always tame.

Yesterday morning it was 32 degrees F and that afternoon it was 72 degrees F. We don't change much in altitude here but once or twice a year we go trail riding clear to 8000 ft.
I haven't had this bike much higher than 4000 ft so I can't tell whats going to happen when we go higher.
This morning it was spot on and ran absolutly perfect even after long periods of very slow pace. It was low 40's with a heavy dew.
Right now I'm 38 pilot 2.5 out AS, 3rd down on Ron's needle and can't even remember the main but its what he installed.
When it is warmer the bike loads a little but livable.
I had Ron's head on it last year but I took some base gaskets out to get some more bottom and the quinch was too tight so I swaped for the stock head off the 06 and put Ron's on the 06.
The 08 has allot better way down low grunt than before but seems like the power valve opens latter than the 06. Hard to explain.
The 06 motor is preferable but they are very close .
The 06 feels more like a mild cr 500 honda and the 08 is like a very good 250.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancp5 View Post

You should not need to adjust the airscrew. I ride a lot of slow, technical woods at walking pace and when the jetting is right it doesn't load up. I do timecard enduros so often I am sat idling for a couple of minutes waiting for the check or special test.
Ok I'm going to make fun of you red coats ! You are pretty much sea level and over cast raining year around !!! I wouldn't think you would have to adjust your air screw either !! JUST KIDDING

In reality I do have extreem up and down conditions and outside of EFI there aren't any carbs that I know of that don't require any adjustment especialy for what we do. JMHO