Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 02-17-2018, 03:39 PM

Default 2007 EC300 wiring help

After attempting to read the factory wiring diagram I've determined my bike isn't wired per the diagram. So I figured I would find which wire is hot and make my own to be able to install a dual sport kit.

I have the 2k-2 ignition, wires leave at 10:00.

I have a plug under the bars that would appear to plug into the head light. It has a purple wire, a green/yellow wire, and an un-wired place to the plug. I've measure across the wires and from both to ground and there was 0 VDC.

I have a single purple wire under the bars and measured 0VDC across ground.

I have a single yellow wire and measured 1-3 VDC across ground going up to 3 as I revved the bike.

I have a three wire plug under my seat with white, purple, and green/yellow wires. I measured every way possible and got 1-3 VDC across the white and green/yellow wires as I revved the bike with the rear brake pedal applied. No other combinations across wires or to ground generated any voltage brake or not.

What am I missing? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Would I be better off buying a battery and wiring to a battery? Any suggestions on a small light battery and how long will it last powering the headlight and an lcd taillight?

Thanks!

Josh

Old 02-18-2018, 11:07 AM

1) 2K2 expect 35W output.
2) The stator puts out AC voltage, change your meter scale.
3) Your stock regulator should clip the voltage at about 14 VAC.
4) You only need the yellow wire and ground. Create all your own wiring to suit what you need to do.
5) A battery is useful only if you need lighting with the engine stopped.
6) Check the specs for LED lights and see if they will function on AC. If so you don't need to rectify your voltage.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:54 AM

The yellow wire is the one for powering lights so that is the wire you need. The problem is as said that the 2K-2 might have to low power for running a dualsport system 😕

On my bike I run an Electrex 250w stator and it works great with enough power to run HID headlight and HID on the helmet 😊
Old 02-19-2018, 07:43 PM

Default Another question

So the electronic flasher module will work with the dirty AC coming from the stator with no rectifier? Will it work with DC from a battery?

On the flasher module, the 3 prints are labeled L, M, and C. Which is power (yellow), ground (black), and common turn (orange).

Thanks again!
Old 02-20-2018, 11:17 AM

Sometimes you just have to test the parts and see what happens. The turn signal switch might contain a simple diode to allow operation on AC.

There are odd things done on other brands like putting a rectifier in the horn circuit to allow a DC horn to function on AC. There are LEDs that work on AC but with a reduced brightness. Little electrical mystery parts can be hidden inside devices. Circuits can be hard to figure out without original documentation.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:19 PM

Thanks Neil!