Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:09 PM

Question '12 airbox mods?

Did you guys with '12s get the bag of Twin Air air box inserts, circular filters made to snap in a hole you cut for more airflow? What are they trying to say? You can see them on Lampkin's bike in the Erzburg photo. That airbox seems gappy enough, too much so IMO. I never had any indication of airflow issues, actually mine likes richer jetting than my last two with the same PWK AS I carb.

Its a beast now with:

JD Blue needle #4
45 pilot
180 main
AS 2 - 2.5 turns out

Real torquey, snappy, with a nice mid hit. Idles clean and starts easy.

All the missing lower mid has been found and then some. I'll do the head next month, no rush now.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:53 PM

Never got 'em. Never got the skid plate. Never got the CD manual. What else am I missing?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:17 PM

I got them with my bike too , thing is I sealed the gaps up with duck tape so there is less chance of drowning the bike.
My bike was missing the spare jets and needle pack , when I asked the dealer about them he said , what do you want them for , he won't get a penny more from me
Old 07-11-2012, 03:02 PM

Useless anyway, they are for jetting the bike to Euro emissions spec with the CAT chamber and intake restrictor.

When I look at the bike from the side at seat level, there is a gap under the seat thats quite long, seems like plenty of air space. Also, the bike did not make any more power when the seat fell off twice. Maybe this is some artifact of the original flat filter design that undoubtly did have flow and filtration issues.

The easiest way to drown the bike is wash it in the normal manner. The filter is a direct shot through the gaps between the subframe and airbox section, be carefull, don't wash and start it without checking or you could suck a wet filters worth of dirty water into the motor. I noticed this and stuffed some old scrap foam strips in there before bath time, PIA though. When I have time I'm going to take that whole airbox/fender/subframe out, drill the pop rivits out and take it apart, reassemble with RTV on the joints and the gaps properly blocked off. Should be good then, its actually a nice big airbox and easy to change the filter.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:05 PM

I meant drowning it in a river crossing
Old 07-11-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Maybe this is some artifact of the original flat filter design that undoubtly did have flow and filtration issues.
I wondered the same thing. I saw those at the dealer but I never got them or thought I would need them.

I didn't go through all the trouble you're talking about Glenn. But I sealed up the gaps with the airbox on the bike with the filter out. It's roomy. It would have never made it across the river at the Muddobbers National Enduro in stock form.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:35 PM

All the joints leak muddy water thrown up by the rear wheel. Doesn't really get to the filter directly but the airbox is a muddy mess. I did a half ass job with RTV to stop the worst of it. Off season job.

Did a bunch of little stuff tonight. Steve's top mount seat mod, older style gas cap, shimmed bars up 2mm more for easier PFP access with tool, and tightened up the side panel fit in the subframe slots so vibration and dirt won't wear the tabs/slots out.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:11 AM

You guys have pics of ur airbox mods?
Old 07-12-2012, 07:46 AM

All I did so far was put a bead of RTV along the inner fender/airbox joints. The larger gaps between the sides of the airbox and subframe can be taped up inside for a temp fix, or maybe a larger bead of RTV from a caulking gun would work.

As far as other mods, none. That was my original question.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:11 PM

If your not planning on using any of those round vents I could always use one or two..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone