Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 05-05-2008, 08:25 AM

Default Gas Gas 300 Racing suspension

I just got my 300 Racing Friday and went for a ride with some riders Sunday, including Jean-Pierre Favreau from JP Powersports, the Gas Gas eastern Canadian Gas Gas distributor. Last week there was no more 300EC available so he ordered a 300 Racing and I'm wondering if the suspension is the same on the EC model and the Racing version. I just saw in the Gas Gas USA website that the fork is bigger on the Racing, so maybe the front and rear suspension is stiffer on the Racing? The ride was quite hard, even with a 120mm sag. Thanks!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:11 AM

Very little info on the new 08 Racing models and I don't even know if you can get them in the states. I think you are the first to post (and your first post here as well) who actually has one of these new 08 racing models.

New Sachs forks that no one knows anything about and the standard rear Sachs shock. Did yours come with the beautiful graphics package?

What spares did you get with the bike? They were supposed to come with a whole bunch of spares and goodies I believe.

Pictures please and any further info you can provide on the forks as well.

Skidad in MA
Old 05-05-2008, 09:35 AM

Does yours have Ohlins or Sachs suspension? My 07 EC250 Six Days Edition (same as racing models) came with ohlins with .41 front springs and a 5.4 rear which I swapped for .43 and 5.6, respectively. If it is Ohlins, the clickers have quite an effect on the suspension so you should be able to get it set up to your liking.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:07 PM

My 300 Racing looks like the regular EC300, but with no lights, no multi-fonction meter , a Sachs rear shock and front Marzocchi fork, a front black number plate, black swingarm a lighter flywheel and chromed FMF pipe and a Turbine Core spark arrestor. We were looking for the EC300, maybe the east Canadian distributor, JP Powersports made a deal with the US importer, because he told me I should receive the lights next week. Maybe he exchanged the lights for the spare parts? But my main issue is the suspension. Last time I rode was in 1995, 13 years ago! It was on a CR500 and the suspension was plush compared to the Racing. Maybe the suspension will soften with a few more rides? Next Sunday is the first of the FMSQ season. It's called "enduro-cross" here since at least 25 years. It's like the Worcs serie, mostly in tight wood and through a MX track or a grass track.

Last edited by perfex; 05-05-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:34 PM

Get some hours on the bike, then tinker with the suspension. It takes time for it to break in. If you're still not happy with it, send it to a good shop (hint: LTR or Rider's Edge Suspension are my favorites) and they'll get you set up right.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:50 PM

Well, it's a good idea, it's almost new! Oh, I forgot to say, it comes also with a chromed FMF pipe and a Turbine Core spark arrestor.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfex View Post
My 300 Racing looks like the regular EC300, but with no lights, no multi-fonction meter , a Sachs rear shock and front Marzocchi fork, a front black number plate, black swingarm a lighter flywheel and chromed FMF pipe and a Turbine Core spark arrestor. We were looking for the EC300, maybe the east Canadian distributor, JP Powersports made a deal with the US importer, because he told me I should receive the lights next week. Maybe he exchanged the lights for the spare parts? But my main issue is the suspension. Last time I rode was in 1995, 13 years ago! It was on a CR500 and the suspension was plush compared to the Racing. Maybe the suspension will soften with a few more rides? Next Sunday is the first of the FMSQ season. It's called "enduro-cross" here since at least 25 years. It's like the Worcs serie, mostly in tight wood and through a MX track or a grass track.
Sounds like you got a DE300 (Dealer edition) not a Racing Edition. I don't think the Racing models will be out until at least June.
'07 EC300 sold
'06 EC300 sold
'78 Suzuki RM250C2
'75 Yamaha YZ250B sold
Old 05-06-2008, 01:10 PM

Well, I just talked with JP Powersports and, yes, it's a DE. Sorry...