Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:28 PM

Default Trailtech computer on ec300

I'll be using my ICO Checkmate for a real enduro computer, but I'd like a basic computer for "every day" use. This would be going on a (new) 2009 ec300. The Endurance model is appealing to me because it's smaller than the other units and I mainly just want the basic info: ODO, trip meter, hour meter, speed.

Has anyone mounted the Endurance model on their ec300? Trailtech only lists 05-08 kits for the GG, so I'm wondering if there was some significant change.

How hard is the smaller MPH readout to see while riding? It's not like I'm staring at that but I'm just curious.

Any reason to not get the Endurance over the larger models?

Old 03-01-2011, 08:41 PM

I had an Endurance on my 06 250 and I went with the Voyager GPS that Trailtech just came out with on my 300. Basically the same application. It would work just fine on your 09 300. I really liked the Endurance. The read out is a bit small but if you're just plunkin' along its no biggie.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Why bother switching?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff View Post
Why bother switching?
I'm not sure what you mean; the bike doesn't have a computer on it currently.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdosher View Post
I'm not sure what you mean; the bike doesn't have a computer on it currently.
Why take the Checkmate off rather than use it all the time? Just curious.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

As was stated earlier in another thread this model Vector is a direct fit to your GG despite the fact that it's not in the applications list. I bought this model Vector and it indeed fit like it was made for the GG. Specifically the speed sensor fit a threaded hole in the front caliper mount and the power wire connector fit the GG harness. The speed sensor magnet also fit a hole in the front rotor. It was plug-n-play.

http://www.trailtech.net/85-102.html

If you want another model such as the endurance I would assume that if you bought for the same bikes listed it should fit.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Why bother switching?
Quote:
Why take the Checkmate off rather than use it all the time? Just curious.
Ah, gotcha. The Checkmate is pretty much a full-on enduro race computer, it really isn't intended to be something you use like a "standard" computer. It doesn't have user-replaceable batteries, and I don't believe it keeps a running ODO and hour meter. It does have a "dual sport" mode where it functions more like a standard computer. I'll look into that side of it more - if it does keep a running total, then it'll serve my purpose and be one less piece of equipment on the bike. Though having to send it in for fresh batteries isn't that optimal.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobt250 View Post
As was stated earlier in another thread this model Vector is a direct fit to your GG despite the fact that it's not in the applications list. I bought this model Vector and it indeed fit like it was made for the GG. Specifically the speed sensor fit a threaded hole in the front caliper mount and the power wire connector fit the GG harness. The speed sensor magnet also fit a hole in the front rotor. It was plug-n-play.

http://www.trailtech.net/85-102.html

If you want another model such as the endurance I would assume that if you bought for the same bikes listed it should fit.
Cool, thanks for the info. I drilled and tapped a hole into the caliper on my TE310 for my ICO Checkmate sensor, so I guess worst-case I could do that for the GG - but it sounds like it's already taken care of. Oh, right, the one thing that threw me was that TrailTech only lists up to 08 for the GasGas Endurace "kit", so I was concerned that it might not be as plug-n-play. I'll contact them if I'm still in doubt when it comes time to order. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Perhaps I should have stated that my GG is a 2011. My statement that it was a direct fit for your 2009 may be wrong. You said your bike was "new" so it threw me for just long enough for me to post that info which may be wrong.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I just mounted my old vector, been sitting on the shelf for 3 years, on the 2011 gasgas. the only hitch seems to be that one of the screws that they sent was shorter than the other to mount it to the holder, going to have to see if I can match that up. Going to give them a call tomorrow and get the size. I have not hooked up the water temp, but the magnet fits, tach works and speedo seems to.