Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 08-22-2007, 08:59 PM

Default 07 GG 300 WEC Edition

Okay boys & girls here is my new woman.

Now before you start asking me questions about the swing arm stickers that say 250, I will tell you this bike is a 300 and the number is stamped onto the engine case.

The last 2 days have been a pain in the ass as far as mounting stuff. I am a little frustrated that the rear carrier had the tabs ground off so I could not mount my new shark fin. So I will take the carrier off of my old bike.

I also need to get some radiator guards for it but they were not in stock at the time I ordered the bike.

There were some little things that those GG mechanics did to the bike that was very cool and interesting! I won't tell unless you want to pay me some money to tell you!

The hand guards were a bitch but I got them on. Renthal Fat bars SUCK!!!!

So far I have mounted the hand guards, new chain guide, seal savers, pivot pegz (Which are very cool), the famous "Boomhauer" Plate, my Texas OHV Sticker, gas tank vent cap, new grips, YZ 250 Kicker, fuel filter.

Things still left to do:
Buy & mount the radiator guards, put the LTR radiator braces on, wait for my Hyde combo to come in and mount it. After 1 more race in a week on my old 300 I will mount my GPR damper, ICO Checkmate XL enduro computer. Wait for my new FMF Q series SA to come in & mount it.

I rode the bike in a vacant field down from my house and all I can say is WOW! This bike has mucho power and handles like a dream. I can't wait for the real ride on Saturday!

As far as the photo show please mind the lame music! I am in the process of buying a photo shop program so I can put some music on there that I enjoy.

Click on the 07 Gas Gas 300 Photo Show.

http://www.photoshow.net/boomhauer_tx/bike_pics

Boom

Old 08-22-2007, 11:17 PM

I'm interested to know what the GG factory mechanics did. Is there anything that would be useful for me to know for the ISDE?

Here's my tip:
Flip your rear axle. The nut should be on the brake side, not the sprocket side so that in the event your axle nut comes off, there's a chance your rear wheel will stay half ass aligned and ridable until you can put on your spare axle nut and chain block (doesn't everyone carry these in their tool kits?).

Nice looking bike!