Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:00 PM

Bulletproof designs radiator guards are anything but flimsy. I have them on both my bikes, despite their cost.

'09 GG 280 TXT (to learn on)
'02 BMW R1150RT (for racking up the miles)
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough

Old 08-31-2011, 06:34 PM

Iv got the force guards, I like them because they have a very sturdy rear brace that stops them being pushed back.
Not to take anything away from the Scorpion or Bulletproof, but they look like if you plowed into something solid they would be pushed back and take the rad with them, because they are only mounted on 2 small rubber points on the frame, I dont know if this is the case however, but thats what I see happening
Iv done the exact crash that would push a rad back after getting a bit cocky playing trials bike in a rock garden. Force brace took a heck of a shove right on the outermost edge. Rad moved back maybe 5mm, if that.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:00 AM

Force....say no more.
Running Gen 2's, which are now on their second bike, thats how good they are. The bike wears out first.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:31 AM

Thumbs up

Force...great strength....great fit....great look.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
Iv got the force guards, I like them because they have a very sturdy rear brace that stops them being pushed back.

Thats what I meant by flimsy looking. I've managed to hit a broken off tee stump sitting in long grass right in the rad too.. Force distrubte the load really well back to the bikes frame instead of letting the rad bent back.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:46 AM

We like UNABIKER radiator guards. They're made locally, well-designed, fit great, and do their job. They're also more affordable that BPD.
Www.UNABIKER.com
Old 09-01-2011, 10:19 AM

We have had this dicussion before. and I beleive the owner of BPD was a participant. It comes down to the opinion of triangulation as an important aspect of the design. There are several aspects of a good rad brace/guard design, and where you ride plays into what is adequate and what may not be:

1) Frontal protection
2) Side impact protection (crush resistance)
3) Fold back resistance (triangulation)
4) Isolation of the radiator (no direct contact)
4) Adequate airflow

For me they are all important. IMO, while a nice piece of machine work, the BPD guards offer no fold back protection, and crush resistance is not the full width of the radiator. They are also way too expensive.

The Force guards I've seen are a good overall package. If the material was thicker, they would be an easy top choice. If the latest GG Force guards are thicker please excuse me as I have not seen them.

The Scorpion braces are stout but being braces only, lack frontal protection, which IMO is a must for the tight woods rider. If they added an optional allloy grill able to be mounted to the cross supports, they would probably be the best choice for an off the shelf accessory.

I'll probably go with the Scorpions, add a grill, and add an upper shroud mount. This makes a big difference in retaining your plastic in the tight stuff.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:41 AM

Pretty sure I'll end up going for Force, get good write-ups and look the best out of the lot for the price.

The Unabiker ones look good but the extra rear brace on the Force across the frame is probably worth the extra. Plus I had a set of Unabiker on my DRZ and wasn't impressed with the fitment of them, had to bend them and file out holes.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:33 PM

I have a set of Black Force rad guards if anyone is interested. PM me.
Thanks.