Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up 24 hour Perry Mountain thank you's.

Just a quick note of thanks to Gerald Jones from Upstate cycle who supplied GasGas with a 2008 bike as a back up. Many parts were used ahead of time due to the bike still being setup for a national enduro and we didnt' have a chance to prep it for the 24 hour race yet. Gerald will have some hours putting his new showroom bike back in floor shining condition so I appreciate his GasGas help in our quest and he should be praised for all his support! A great guy with a great passion for competition and riding.

We used Jim Senecal's bike from the National Enduros but left the bike with our good friends Girard and Robert in Texas. They were gracious enough to bail us out and transport the bike, work on the bike, and host our riders for the 24 hour event. Thanks to those guys, true GasGas die-hards and with out them, we wouldn't have made the event.

Rich Smith from Smith Powersports was head captian and a big thank you to him as well for all his hard work and his GasGas dedication.

To our riders.....Jim Senecal, Chance Baker, Travis Jones, Jake Fiola, Billy Burns, a team effort all in all and I thank everyone for participating and a job well done. 6th place in class isnt too bad at all for our first attempt and I know we've learned alot and have realized we can't cut certain corners but that fault is on me and what I had in mind in our budget (blew that one out of the water). Next year, we'll be even better prepared and situated.

What can be said about Curt Comer??? Ironman! Not only one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet (including his family). The guy can ride, and ride, and ride. Congratulations Curt.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:23 PM

Default Thank You

Mark we also need to add Jake's brother Rick as our time keeper and Curt's wife Dewanna for everything that she did for all of us. Both did an amazing job and we couldn't have done it without them. Thank you to you and Go-Faster's for giving all of us this great opportunity.

See you in a couple of days,
Billy
Old 06-13-2008, 08:08 PM

Sorry to be late but a big thanks to everyone at the race. Also as Billy and Mark said a big thanks to the Komer's for their help!!