Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, that would work.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:52 AM

Cool cheers
Old 10-13-2018, 12:56 PM

As a heads up, at least on my 2018 XC300 machine, the KTM bushing and bolt mentioned earlier are not a simple drop in fix.

Yes, the bushing will drop straight into the GG kick stand and bolt into the frame but it needs a 1mm shim between the top of the bushing and the kick stand body to fit correctly.

Without being shimmed properly and with the bolt bottomed out there is excessive play in the kickstand and it will likely fail quickly at some point in the top.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future. If I'd had known about it I'd have just chopped the OE bushing rim and bought a button head machine screw and saved myself all the fabrication time and $19us to make the KTM parts work.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

You just have to take a die and extend the threads on the kick stand bolt.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
You just have to take a die and extend the threads on the kick stand bolt.
Unfortunately this isn't a fix either.

I purchased a thread die and tap kit and ran the die to the forward edge of the shoulder taper. It didn't allow me to cut much of anything before I ran into the taper.

Now with the tool set I'm $54 into a "fix" using the KTM parts.

I'm going to ride this out and intend to follow up on a shim solution to fix this correctly with EXC bolt and bushing that takes the play out of the kick stand.

I still feel like the cleanest (and cheapest fix) for anyone in the future is to cut/sand down the existing GASGAS bushing and buy a button head machine screw for $3.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhitshard View Post
Unfortunately this isn't a fix either.

I purchased a thread die and tap kit and ran the die to the forward edge of the shoulder taper. It didn't allow me to cut much of anything before I ran into the taper.

Now with the tool set I'm $54 into a "fix" using the KTM parts.

I'm going to ride this out and intend to follow up on a shim solution to fix this correctly with EXC bolt and bushing that takes the play out of the kick stand.

I still feel like the cleanest (and cheapest fix) for anyone in the future is to cut/sand down the existing GASGAS bushing and buy a button head machine screw for $3.
Lefty loosey..

Remove said part. Put it in the cupboard. No more auto retract. Lean bike against a tree or let it have a little rest.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Lefty loosey..

Remove said part. Put it in the cupboard. No more auto retract. Lean bike against a tree or let it have a little rest.
I can't argue that much. I've done it a couple times in the past. I usually end up pouting about it at some point when there's nothing to lean it on, I forget to turn the petcock off when I leave it tipped over, or when I got to rock it back on the stand and crack the fork bleeders etc.

I'll probably do it on this bike for now until I get time to cut down and fit the OEM GG bushing.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:36 AM

All you really need to buy is the screw. It is an m8 with a tapered head and 1.25 threads. I found mine at Lowes in a 4 pack for $2. Use a large drill bit to drill a recess for the tapered head of the new bolt then grind off the excess material off the bushing. I left the bushing in the kickstand to drill it and grind it. Very easy mod especially if you leave the spring attached when you remove or reinstall the kickstand on the bike. The link below will help to show what the modified bushing will look like.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GASGAS-POSI...sAAOSw14Zd6CIb
Old 12-30-2020, 05:40 PM

Hello, I am French and on my 300 EC 2018, I just modified the part which serves as the axis (#36 ) and the screw ( #37 ). I juste cut the front part of de axis and made a 90? countersink for the new screw. The kick remains in place and does not come back as before. See photos. The screw is a diameter 8mm x 20mm with 90? head. It's easy to do and not expensive.

IMG_20201228_184841.jpg

IMG_20201228_184858.jpg

IMG_20201228_184921.jpg

Tags
2018, ec300