Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:01 PM

Post ec300 stator?

Hi all, my first post and I've been reading through similar issues here and found lot of good info. Still have some Qs though. I'm sorry I can deal with most mechanical issues but electrical is new and hard for me...

I have 2011 ec300 6days.

Few months ago my lights stopped working (from on/off for a while - sometimes they would still come on when wide open, to completely dead) I thought maybe just broken wire somewhere but didn't really pay much attention to it. Now I have no spark. Went through wires/continuity/grounds everything looks ok. I'm not sure if I trust my multimeter as I've been getting some weird readings (I'll try new one this week, also found some readings posted here) I'm still getting some voltage to cdi and coil when i kick but no spark. I also put coil with wire and spark plug to my ktm to test it and I get spark there. So my guess is a bad stator?
I'm waiting for flywheel puller to look in there... Is there anything else/specific I should be looking for that could cause this (other than stator)? Also it seems hard to find a stator in US. Maybe I'll have better idea when I pull it. But just searching google with part number I'm getting different results. Anyone know what stator to buy (in US)? My wires come out the rear of the cover...Any part numbers?

Thanks!!

Old 04-28-2019, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

You should be able to find the resistance readings for the stator coils. Check them with your multi meter and ensure they are in range.

Pull the stator cover and flywheel and physically inspect the coils.

If you need to replace the OEM ones are silly expensive. Ktm sells the same stator for a fraction of the price.. but you then need to splice the loom (it's not plug and play).

All the info you need is in this thread: http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...ghlight=stator
Old 04-28-2019, 07:00 PM

Wow, this is great info! I guess I need to get little better searching this forum Thanks a lot! I was wondering if I could just go with KTM stator... I'll pull flywheel and look into this later this week.
My backup KTM is happy to be out on trails now, but I hope it's not for too long
Old 04-28-2019, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

All good mate! I went through the same thing recently when my 13 model had a winding come loose on a pole.. luckily only lost the lighting circuit and not the spark.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:15 PM

Update. Just in case someone comes to this with same issue...

KTM stator is a perfect fit, comes with pickup, wiring is super easy as ktm has exactly same color codes.

$100 and 1 hour later I have spark and lights back. Also my bike took few kicks to start in last couple months (before it died) and ran really rich. Didn't think all these issues were connected. Always blamed it on something else Now first kick no matter what and runs perfect.

Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190506_194752.jpg (111.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190510_094608.jpg (117.6 KB, 50 views)
Old 05-10-2019, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Yep and yep!! Good work mate!

Tags
ec300, stator