GasGas Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   GasGas Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Moto7man Moto7man is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro,Tennessee
Posts: 1,841
Default Fly Racing 5.5 HD PRO Same as Leatt 5.5 HD PRO?

I want to buy a Leatt 5.5 HD PRO. The Fly Racing model looks exactly the same to every detail and it is on close out. Does Leatt make this 5.5 HD PRO for FLY?

Here is a Leatt Rep explaining features on a different Fly model specifying that it is made by Leatt for Fly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w2VlBchpJcY


__________________
2011 GG EC 300E and 1994 CR 250R

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 10-10-2017, 03:13 PM
Moto7man Moto7man is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro,Tennessee
Posts: 1,841
Default

I just called Fly Racing and Leatt Distribution North America. Two different phone numbers but the same organization. The "Leatt" rep explained to me that the chest protector is exactly the same model both made by Leatt. The Fly Racing model is on close out $219 reduced to $136 with free shipping.

https://www.ridersdiscount.com/searc...arch_brand=361
__________________
2011 GG EC 300E and 1994 CR 250R

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-10-2017, 06:52 PM
pscook's Avatar
pscook pscook is offline
Platinum Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Shoreline, WA
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
I just called Fly Racing and Leatt Distribution North America. Two different phone numbers but the same organization. The "Leatt" rep explained to me that the chest protector is exactly the same model both made by Leatt. The Fly Racing model is on close out $219 reduced to $136 with free shipping.

https://www.ridersdiscount.com/searc...arch_brand=361
Have you found the difference between the HD and the non-HD? And I can't seem to find if the Fly is compatible with the Alpinestars BNS neck brace. I really don't want to have to buy another complete set just because I bought a chest protector for a great price.
__________________
Phil
(New bike pending...)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Moto7man Moto7man is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro,Tennessee
Posts: 1,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
Have you found the difference between the HD and the non-HD? And I can't seem to find if the Fly is compatible with the Alpinestars BNS neck brace. I really don't want to have to buy another complete set just because I bought a chest protector for a great price.
The Leatt rep told me that the difference between the HD and non HD were the flank protection panels, which I suppose are the panels under the arms protecting the ribs. I ordered the HD because I wanted those panels which keep your arm from tucking under and breaking your ribs in a fall.

I have a BNS Alipinestars brace too. I have heard other braces are compatible with the HD, but when I get mine this week I will post an update on compatibility.
__________________
2011 GG EC 300E and 1994 CR 250R

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2017, 07:52 AM
pscook's Avatar
pscook pscook is offline
Platinum Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Shoreline, WA
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
The Leatt rep told me that the difference between the HD and non HD were the flank protection panels, which I suppose are the panels under the arms protecting the ribs. I ordered the HD because I wanted those panels which keep your arm from tucking under and breaking your ribs in a fall.

I have a BNS Alipinestars brace too. I have heard other braces are compatible with the HD, but when I get mine this week I will post an update on compatibility.
Thanks for all info. Looking forward to your review as the HD seems to tick the boxes. I'm just very used to wearing my neck brace, and if they are compatible then I think I'll make the investment in the HD. Thanks for sharing!
__________________
Phil
(New bike pending...)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Darkside Darkside is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 121
Default

Great find! thanks for posting Moto7man. I was eyeballing the Alpinestars A-10 full roost deflector. Pretty hard to pass up this deal
__________________
2006 GasGas EC300 2011 KTM 300XC
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-11-2017, 02:24 PM
Moto7man Moto7man is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro,Tennessee
Posts: 1,841
Default

You are both welcome. I haven't worn an A 10 but I have worn an A 6 for last few years.
__________________
2011 GG EC 300E and 1994 CR 250R

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AS NEW Leatt GPX 5.5 V.04 Helmet in GASGAS Red/White! fst96se Other Stuff... 3 10-05-2016 07:03 PM
Leatt neck brace cogassr Other Stuff... 1 05-18-2015 08:57 PM
Leatt Dual Axis Knee Guards swazi_matt Enduro Product Reviews 1 09-10-2013 07:19 PM
Do any of you ride with a Leatt brace? dgstandard General Discussions & Announcements 29 05-13-2010 12:46 PM
Leatt Brace SpeedyManiac Enduro Product Reviews 7 08-03-2008 08:04 PM




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - GasGasRider.org