Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:07 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Question 18 EC300 Clock Issues

I set the time over and over again, but leaving it overnight it seems to freak out and lose time. Like HOURS not minutes. Any ideas? Not a huge issue but is kind of nice to look down and see when I need to head back down the hill without getting the phone out.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:49 PM

Looks like it's a standard cr2032 battery. Super simple to take the dash off, I ordered a few new batteries in hopes that was the problem.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwoodlief View Post
Looks like it's a standard cr2032 battery. Super simple to take the dash off, I ordered a few new batteries in hopes that was the problem.
That's what I would have suggested! Hopefully resolved.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
That's what I would have suggested! Hopefully resolved.
ill let ya know Friday when the amazon batteries get here. Bikes only three weeks old, but likely the dash was made a long time ago.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
ill let ya know Friday when the amazon batteries get here. Bikes only three weeks old, but likely the dash was made a long time ago.
With the old trail tech models I'd always pop a piece of something between the battery and cover as well, just to keep a little more pressure against the battery.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:17 PM

The new ones actually come that way, also with a rubber gasket to keep moisture out. I was pleasantly surprised. I was really happy at how easy it was to get off. I replaced the battery in my Beta dash and that was a huge battle.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Pretty standard battery. You can pick them up anywhere. Even Walmart! Lol
Old 09-27-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud-Ectomy View Post
Pretty standard battery. You can pick them up anywhere. Even Walmart! Lol
yup, fresh battery. Held time for 2 days. Now it's all screwed up again.. I really like the clock, but may just use the regular wrist watch like I do on my Beta.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
yup, fresh battery. Held time for 2 days. Now it's all screwed up again.. I really like the clock, but may just use the regular wrist watch like I do on my Beta.
What brand is the clock ? Just curious, as it means that it holds sensors up even when the engine is not running, may be a design flaw or not hooked up to the bike correctly ?? Worth looking at the wiring diagram if it matches what you have on the bike. Does it have an on/off button or feature ?

For my '14 bike, they came with a trial tech unit and it only comes on if you spin the front wheel or you start the engine. So this means the front wheel sensor (speed) is on always, but it's only a magnetic sensor witch doesn't draw much power if at all.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poelinca View Post
What brand is the clock ? Just curious, as it means that it holds sensors up even when the engine is not running, may be a design flaw or not hooked up to the bike correctly ?? Worth looking at the wiring diagram if it matches what you have on the bike.

For my '14 bike, they came with a trial tech unit and it only comes on if you spin the front wheel or you start the engine. So this means the front wheel sensor (speed) is on always, but it's only a magnetic sensor witch doesn't draw much power if at all.
Rod Overstreet, a GasGas rep stated it was from TrailTech. I'm going to take it off again today and look to see if there are any other markings on it. Wiring is pretty basic. 1 wiring harness plugs into the back of it.

Yes, mine only turns on if you start the bike, or move the bike so the magnet gets detected, pretty standard dirt bike stuff.