Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Classified Advertisements > Parts

Parts New/Used Components and All Bike Part Outs

Old 07-29-2014, 02:55 PM

Default SOLD! Fly F2 Carbon Helmet, XL, RED/WHITE! Trey Canard Edition, matches GasGas

SOLD

2014 Fly Racing F2 CARBON Trey Canard Replica, RED/WHITE

Hey all, this helmet is virtually brand new. I bought it a size too big, but have worn it a couple of times so I can't take it back. It is an XL, but fits more like a Large.

I will link some info below the ad, but I should emphasize that this helmet retails for $300, and is a PREMIUM race helmet. It uses a Carbon Fiber/Kevlar shell that is extremely strong and ridiculously lightweight. It also has dual layer/density EPS foam for protection, and a huge number of functioning air vents for air flow to keep your noggin cool.

This is not a cheapy helmet. It is not a low end Fly Helmet. It is DOT certified, as well as Snell 2010 rated.

This Red and White graphics scheme looks amazing. I ride a 2013 GasGas XC300 which it matches perfectly. In short, I LOVE this helmet. I'll be replacing it with the same helmet, just the right size for me.

Come check it out. Retail is $300, they are currently selling for $275, I'll sell you mine for $175. SHIPPED in the continental US. Comes with the box, and all paperwork. Like new.

Here is the info from FLY Racing:

Fly Racing F2 Carbon Trey Canard Replica Helmet

The F2 Carbon sets itself apart with a unique style and identity all its own. Utilizing state-of-the-art, aircraft grade carbon fiber and Kevlar composite construction, the F2 Carbon represents lightweight race-inspired helmet technology for the masses.

Features:

Composite Construction Shell -- outer shell is constructed using state-of-the-art, aircraft grade woven carbon fiber and Kevlar composite materials, which creates superior strength while remaining extremely light
Dual Density EPS Liner -- two layers of EPS (Expanded Polystyrene), one softer one slightly harder, combine to provide more progressive impact absorption for different levels of impact
Multi-Port Air Induction Cooling System -- eleven (11) intake and four (4) exhaust vents create massive airflow to keep your head cool
Tri-vent Goggle Anti-Fog Vents -- three (3) air intake vents above goggle eye port draw air from goggle to help clear away fog
Flow Through EPS And Comfort Liner Air System - EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) and comfort liner align to maximize airflow
Quick Release Washable Comfort Liner and Cheek Pads -- plush liner absorbs sweat, provides plenty of ventilation, and is easy to remove and clean with out quick-snap system
Custom Molded Rubber Trim With Nose Guard - with its smooth lines the integrated nose guard helps keep pesky rocks away from your nose
Lightweight Aluminum Hardware -- helmet is constructed using super-strong, lightweight machined aluminum screws, rivets, and D-rings for superior strength and years of worry free use
SNELL M2010, DOT Approved

Last edited by fst96se; 08-01-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Have you contacted Fly to get a large Liner? Most helmet mfg build shells to fit from Large to XXL with just a liner and cheek pad swap. I know that Scorpion and HJC have three shells: Youth, XS-Medium, and Large to XXL (IIRC).

It is worth a shot if you like the helmet, or it might entice someone else to purchase if it came with a couple of sets of liners.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
Have you contacted Fly to get a large Liner? Most helmet mfg build shells to fit from Large to XXL with just a liner and cheek pad swap. I know that Scorpion and HJC have three shells: Youth, XS-Medium, and Large to XXL (IIRC).

It is worth a shot if you like the helmet, or it might entice someone else to purchase if it came with a couple of sets of liners.
I think on the FL carbon the shell is XL/XXL and L/M.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:31 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst96se View Post
I think on the FL carbon the shell is XL/XXL and L/M.
I just looked for liners on ebay, and I believe you are right. Too bad, as I would be interested as I have a "medium and a half" head.

But since I'm here, do you know the shape? Is it oval, round, neutral, or? I use this as a good resource, but they only list one Fly helmet and it's a dual sport model.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...met-shapes.htm
Old 08-01-2014, 08:42 AM

Ill take the helmet if its still available.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andykr87 View Post
Ill take the helmet if its still available.
It's yours, just sent you a PM.