Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Old 07-21-2006, 08:25 AM

Nice Guys!! I see the humor in it,, my wife she didnt understand.. Well its friday and still have discomfort but no major pain. Only took one painpill yesterday and hope none today. I'll have lots of leftovers. I took the nose diaper off today as the drainage is now minimal. Cant wait to get the splints out.
Glenn,
I'll let you know, If I'm ok to be out in the dust and heat I'll help pit. Havent been to a race I wasnt working in some time.
Later,
Steve C

Old 07-30-2006, 08:10 AM

Well, I got the splints out today! Starting to feel more normal. My breathing is so much better its hard to believe. As far as pain, only anoyance, and discomfort. Its about as bad as a bad sinus infection. The thing is,, there are restrictions during recovery, no lifting, straining, bending over,,might pop the stitches. I just have a tightness in the nose area and its tender to the touch. You should have a humidifer in the room at night. The moist air really helps. It broke the other night and I had a killer sinus headache in the morning. A t-3 and it went away. If you dont have a phisical job you could work 3 days after the surgury, Me I wrench for a living. Work is kinda off till another week. I'm doing light duty, phone calls etc..
All in all, I wish I did this earlier,, the only bad part was the packing coming out, that was real bad, but only lasted 30 seconds.. If this cures my constant sinus infections, its really worth it even with more pain it would. I didnt even bruise around the face. My Dr. was excellent and if anybody is in the allentown/bethlehem area and needs an ENT let me know, I'll get you his name.

I'll post again after my first ride and let you know how that goes.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:12 PM

Well,,,,
Strangest day yet,, I've been doing really well,, and today was just a little strange. I'm still on Dr. restrictions,, ie. no blowing nose,,lifting etc. Well as told the stiches will disolve and come out. They started last night, no pain just a strange feeling, like somethings moving in there as I beathe. Then my nose cloggs up, start the running, draining into my throat, nasal drip,, I thought sinus infection?? Then at 4 am I had to use the sinus flush,, out comes a clog/stitch,, then at 6 am I had to flush again,, another stitch.. I had a headache by now as the rinse kit seems to give me a headache(sinus headache. I had stuff to do today,, but I was not about to be out in the dust at a race(my culbs HS) without a bathroom to use my flush kit. I stayed home and over the course of the day had 3 more stitches/clogs come out. I feel so much better now. I can even breath clearer now. Feel bad about missing the club race but until this year I havent missed a workday or event, even cut my 10 yr aniversary vacation short 2 days to work an event. I think I'm going to be able to ride next sunday, the first time since april I'll be able to get out.. It'll be either 100F or 60 and torrential rains next weekend.
All in all still getting better and still was worth it,, my question, the way I can breathe now,, I assume thats the way everybody else has been all this time??? I never realized how bad I was until now..FYYFF! nobody told me!!LOL
Old 08-08-2006, 10:30 AM

Thumbs up

steve,

Good for you, glad your feeling better!

I'd like to ride this weekend, if I get my parts this week. Had a bad case of crashitis at Rattlesnake, broke a few things. Bizarre, had a good Trelleborg 914 shed its side knobs and make the bike very hard to keep on the trail. Every time I tried to go fast I ate it, with a couple of big ones. Hit a tree so hard I bent the steering damper tower!
Old 09-02-2006, 04:22 PM

Default sinus surgery

Glad to hear it's healing up good and your breathing better. I broke my nose when I was in 2nd grade. Got taken thru an orchard on a horse I had no buisness on. Bashed my head on a limb and landed on a large rock and cut my head open. After I got my head stitched up, my dad wondered if maybe I had broken my nose too. I lied and said no. So I got away with it.
I have pretty much the same story as U. I'm almost 57 now. About 5 years ago I had Septo Plasti done on my left nostril. I'm so glad I didn't remember how painful it was on my dad years ago when they removed all those miles of gauze from his nose with the " The Old Procedure". Like U said, it was painful, and packing didn't want to come out! Yikes! There was a slight hesitation with the pain, and then it was over.
I still have trouble with this nostril. I go to another ENT. now.This guy is sharp. I have sleep apnea, and went to him because U have to be able to breath thru your nose to be helped with the C-pap machine. My nose still plugs up alot. So bottom line is I'm on Plan A, using Breathe Rites and Nasonex nasal spray along with my C-Pap machine. Plan B would be to remove my septum and crush the bulge which is partially blocking that nostril, flip it over to the good nostril, and reinstall. So I'm giving Plan A as much time and effort as is necessary. As far as breathing thru my nose, I still have a really hard time not breathing thru my mouth. Probly just habit?
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 04-29-2007, 09:06 AM

New update,,
I can still breathe!! bad news is I'm having slight ballance issues,, If I get a cold at all, ear ache or so I need to be careful,, I guess its left over from the vertigo,, Apparently I'm only using one inner ear for ballance and its easy to get that out of whack.. My wife was backing out of a parking spot the other day and I grabbed the dash for impact as I thought we were moving forward.. a little scary,, Had issues riding last sunday lost track of where I was or something and smacked a tree hard,, luckily it was only a 4" diam oak,, split the thing down the middle at the impact spot. Didnt like that tree anyway,,
I was supposed to ride today but decided to let my earache go away instead..
If anything changes I'll post again,,
Steve
Old 04-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

That's scary Steve. I hope things get sorted out.

As hard as it is, that's a smart choice not to ride right now.

Ed
Old 04-29-2007, 01:10 PM

I was out yesterday in my truck,, to go help clean up a camping area for the big dualsport ride in town. When we all left,, everybody on bikes and me in my work truck it felt odd,, kinda like the commercial with the 2 mountainbikers and the one pretending to ride one, still waiting for your rewards comercial. I was waiting to take a faceplant down a hill.. I'm feeling a little bit better today but not good enough to ride. I believe I will be going down to my ent dr this week for a checkup..