Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 07-17-2008, 09:23 PM

Default Fork Sub Tanks

Hi, I came across a thread regarding fitting of sub tanks to WP forks, can't for the kife of me find it again. Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks

P.S I have tried to search for it.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:37 AM

ive notice the search isnt very smart. when i update the ims post, i cant search for ims, bigger tank, ims will, anything in the title. the only way i get back to it is by searching for all posts ive made, or actually going into the right section, i cannot get it with search.

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 07-19-2008, 08:44 AM

That was me. I designed and built a sub tank setup for my '03, and it went with the bike. Unfortunately it does not turn up in search, I will look into it. I liked it a lot on the WPs, thought it was a definate advantage. The Zokes are so much better with just minor valving changes that I wasn't as motivated to do it. Les built a set for his custom XR250 (with Zoke 45s) and said it helped a little but the forks worked great before the tanks. He thinks the WPs respond better due to the pressue ramping up faster.

Basically what a sub tank does is create a position AND speed sensitive air spring that works in parallel with the fork spring (with no tank you always have a position sensitive air spring). The idea is to move the progressive component (air spring) to a position later in the travel and at a higher fork speed by adding volume on the other side of a metering valve. This keeps the action on small stuff plush and retains bottoming resistance.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:04 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks GMP, I would appreciate, if possible, any info on flow control valve and tank sizes etc.