Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 08-30-2008, 08:25 PM

To me even the .44 springs sound to stiff for New England even at you weight. Try the .42's and see how you like it or you can use 1 .42 and 1 .44 spring for a .43 rate.

Ohlins makes a .53 spring also. Stock on my 97 250 KTM and that bike is almost 250lbs dry. so .54 seems also a bit stiff perhaps for a New England C rider? I weigh 175-180, old A rider and the Ohlins guy said that was the correct spring for me.

I always set static first with less than 10mm of spring preload to JUST to hold the bike up to what I want. Once that is set check the rider sag you want to have. To little sag = spring to stiff, to much sag = spring to soft.

Linkage bikes have about a 20lb rider weight variance for a correct spring where as the KTM PDS bikes have about a 10lb variance. One reason a KTM is such a pain to get correct. You MUST have the correct spring. Let's not even get started on straight rate vs progressive.

Skidad