Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 03-17-2013, 02:47 PM

http://www.gecospecialparts.com/

These guys make triple clamps....But you may go broke after the purchase.....

Old 03-17-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
http://www.gecospecialparts.com/

These guys make triple clamps....But you may go broke after the purchase.....
ouch that is a tad expensive
Old 03-18-2013, 02:07 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default A/m parts listing

We have a good start. wheres the wheelsets, graphics, performance parts, suspension upgrades, exhaust systems, S/A's , levers,disc guards, carb mods, iinstalling MX frt # plate
Old 03-19-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv rider View Post
We have a good start. wheres the wheelsets, graphics, performance parts, suspension upgrades, exhaust systems, S/A's , levers,disc guards, carb mods, iinstalling MX frt # plate
As of now these I can't help you with. I honestly like to keep my bike as OEM as possible. I am all for adding protection items and my steering damper and having someone who knows suspension make the proper adjustments.

Wheelsets are the best - not sure why anyone would want to change them out.

Performance parts - if you are talking about engine wise. S3 Performance Parts has all those. Jakobi is a good resource as it seems like he has completely rebuilt his bike.

Exhaust - Not a whole lot of options out there. From my readings Glenn is a good one to reach out to. Options I have seen - FMF, LeoVince, DEP, Scalvini

Suspension - I will not touch this part as I believe the professionals know this the best - my opinion only.

MX front plate - If you are trail riding I would never remove this. Curious why you would want to remove?

Last edited by StuJohnson; 03-19-2013 at 12:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-19-2013, 11:56 PM

Default a/m parts

I was just throwing some thoughts out there. I wouldn't change rims ,unless I had a problem. And I like MX, so a number plate would look good. I saw a mount kit today ,using a crf # plate.

I have been searching the net' and slowly finding stuff. But I am mainly interested in protection. And I have never used a steering damper- I want to try one. Other parts will be as needed
Old 03-20-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv rider View Post
I was just throwing some thoughts out there. I wouldn't change rims ,unless I had a problem. And I like MX, so a number plate would look good. I saw a mount kit today ,using a crf # plate.

I have been searching the net' and slowly finding stuff. But I am mainly interested in protection. And I have never used a steering damper- I want to try one. Other parts will be as needed
Did not mean to slam the idea of your MX front plate (went back and read my post - I was a bit harsh --- sorry about that).

Love my steering damper. I have used Scott's and Ohlins. They are great. I will use my Ohlins on my GG. If you read some reviews about dampers on here you will see that there is one called Motosportz. I have never used but do hear great things about them. Cool thing is that they are made locally in Vancouver, WA and they carry a full lifetime warranty!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 PM

Here are a few providers Ive found with some interesting stuff, mostly aftermarket, protection, and performance upgrades.

http://www.24mx.com/motocross-parts-...00/2012/19307/

http://www.motocross-shop.de/motocro...Path=1115_1007

http://www.mainjet.com.au/index.php?...ddf42799079d28

So glad I found this thread. Ill be frequenting this one often.
'06 YZ250F parting out...

Last edited by Front Royalty; 03-31-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Removed previously posted links
Old 03-28-2013, 12:13 AM

Good info guys. Would be nice to have a complete updated list of these aftermarket goodies, but also crossover parts.
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 03-28-2013, 01:07 AM

Default a/m parts

The list is going good. There a several websites that I would not have found on my own.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Don't know if its been posted - http://www.motocrosscenter.com/ecomm...67&language=en

But in saying that I'd support your local dealers where you can as they'll be the ones who keep these beautiful bikes coming into the country.

There are several sticker/decal sources I have used. I have been super happy with the RidePG kit I bought. Fully custom and has lasted well with no peeling.

Protection is P3, Scorpion Racing (I think they changed names? or just logos), Force accessories, just to name a few.

Engine wise its just a 2T. The magic is inside, and any 2T tuner will put you in the right direction. Stock porting is good, but some cylinders can use some cleaning up. Heads you can get S3/VHM that both look beaut, but won't work any better than stock thats been machined. Powervalve covers are available everywhere. Internally S3/Vertex make pistons, Wossner make forged, Wiseco also make them. Rod kits are interchangable from CR250s (early models). Bearings are available everywhere through suppliers.

Checkpointoffroad make some nice bits too.

Ohlins offer suspension, but its $$ and the Zoke CC are just as good or better from all reports. Like engines, magic is internal and a tuner will unlock its full ability (or match it to your riding ability).

Several sources for seat covers and foam now too. Wheelsets I'll need to source soon. I have a few flatish spots in my rear rim now. Nothing major, but visible if looking.

For me the appeal of the Gas Gas was that it already came with nice kit. I have still managed to spend heaps on it though, but only by choice. Not out of neccesity. It was simply me being happy enough with the bike to keep it another year and put some coins back into as opposed to buying new again. I was technically saving money