Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:37 PM

Default Hanging With Team Gas Gas

This past weekend gasgasman (Girard) and myself were asked to be pit bitches for Billy Burns, Jim Senecal, & Kurt Comer at the LA National since it was close to home.

We departed Houston around 4:00pm Friday. About an hour later I get a call from Jim and they were on the ground in Houston. I gave him some quick directions on how to get to the event location and told him we might be able to meet them along the way so they could follow us. A few hours passed and Girard & I were getting quite hungry so we decided to pull off the road at a local seafood establishment. I called Jim and told him where we were and if they wanted they could meet us there.

Anyway they met up with us and had some good down south grub as we would call it. Within 10 minutes of them showing up we knew this was going to be a fun filled weekend. They taught us some east coast verbage like Puma, Cheetah, Lynx, etc. I will not go into detail because I am still unsure about how the age is realted to the names but I am sure I will get it all figured out. So if you get a chance to meet these guys ask them to explain, I'm sure they will have you laughing.

Anyways due to the fact that I gave Mark from gofasters some bad time lines on how many hours it takes to get from Houston to Louisiana it still worked out well. Sorry Mark I got confused because there are 2 races in that area and one of them is only about 2.5 hours from the house.

All 3 of our racers are great guys and are loads of fun to be around. All of you should be very proud of them. They are a class act bunch! Gas Gas should be proud of all of them.

Mark showed up late Saturday due to some very complicated problems with an Airlines company that I will not give out the name of.

Anyways we got the bikes prepared for the race on Sunday. I can say this.... my hats are off to you guys that use those damn BIB Moose inserts. Man what a pain in da ass they are!

Race day comes way to quick and the boys are up early getting ready. We go over the bikes one last time and head to the starting line. Jim & Billy are on row 20. They take off and our day begins.

I'm not going to write up what we did but all of our guys did very well! Girard and I were proud to be a part of it and hope we helped out.

It was very fun to be around these guys all weekend long. Girard & I had a great time helping all of them out where we could. We are looking forward to piting for them again at the national in Texas next month. Who knows maybe we will even race & pit at this event.

I saw more Gassers at this event then I ever have. I think the word is getting out on our brand.

Thanks to Mark & the whole GoFasters crew for driving all over the U.S.A to these events and giving all of us in the Gas Gas community support!

Good job Jim, Billy, & Kurt.

Robby

Old 03-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Yes! It was a great time.

Team Gas Gas IS a class act.
All those guys are super nice.

The great thing about that event was, it was not a sea of orange bikes.
There were quite a few Gas Gas'.

Lafferty has the personality of a possum. He would not take pictures with our club members to put in our newsletter. He would yell at riders during the event and point fingers at them at the gas stop while revving his bike.
Bobbit was super friendly and always had a smile on his face.

Billy and Jim, it was great hanging with you guys.
Looking foward to TX and MN.

Girard

Last edited by gasgasman; 03-17-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
They taught us some east coast verbage like Puma, Cheetah, Lynx, etc. I will not go into detail because I am still unsure about how the age is realted to the names but I am sure I will get it all figured out.
Sounds like old Arctic Cat snowmobile talk started by Billy talking about his vintage Rupps ?
Old 03-17-2008, 09:03 PM

Im thinking "cougar" got thrown out there a few times!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fury1 View Post
Im thinking "cougar" got thrown out there a few times!

fury1 you are correct! I need to get this all written down so I can fully understand the breeds!

This was an absolute blast.

I was ready for Lafferty to come over to our pit's and pop off. I was ready to show him what Southern Hopitals oops I meant Southern Hospitality is all about. What an A-Hole!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:27 PM

Nice report, sounds like the GasGas guys are great! Too bad Lafferty was being an ass, most offroaders are nice guys. I met Bobbitt at the ISDE - he's a nice guy and pretty humble considering how fast he is.

Bibs are easy to change once you learn the proper technique (and have a good tire stand)!
Old 03-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Some photos from the event.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5712391...7604171580761/

Here's Jim at the Log Jam.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:45 AM

Default Thanks Robby & Girard...

...for the first class pit service at LA Nat'l. Was great meeting you guys and hanging out!

Nice to see so much enthusiasm and excitement for the Gas Gas brand -- the bikes are great, GoFasters is really on-the-ball with the parts/accessories distribution as well as race support for all GG riders, and now that Dale (GasGasUSA) is handling importation of the bikes, we're going to start making a dent into the "sea of orange" at off-road events!

Obsviously Jim did us proud with a top-10 Pro result and of course Billy too with a podium in 200A. There were quite a few other significant GG results including Ed Hamilton's class win in SR +40A!

Unfortunately, I was way down in 6th place in SS +50A -- only 3 points off the class win, but there were 4 others sandwiched in that 3-point spread. Hoping for a better result in TX!

Thanks again,

Curt Comer
Old 01-03-2011, 10:30 AM

Had go to urban dictionary to figure out the cat nicknames, I of course had heard of cougar. Hate to see them give Lynx such a bad wrap, I always had a lot of respect for the animal, not so much the alias .....
Old 01-07-2011, 09:44 AM

Default Lafferty a prick?

I didn`t find him to be so bad when he and Alan bled my brake for me at the Cherokee national a few years back [when he was out with a knee]. He was even joking, sort of sarcastically.