Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Mounting hole locations for Scotts Steering Stabilizer

Hi guys,
Does anyone know the mounting hole pattern for a Scotts steering stabilizer? I'm in the process of designing a bar mount similar to the fastway one. Thanks.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:03 AM

That will depend on your bar mounts (position), and triple clamp (stock or BRP). Its critical that the damper pivot is centered with the steering stem, everything else may vary to acheive this.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:39 AM

I'll measure mine tonight for you if you don't have the info by then.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:23 PM

The 2 mounting holes are 2 1/8" apart, center to center.
They are to be centered over the steering stem (since they are in line with the center of the damper's pivot).
Old 01-23-2007, 12:04 AM

Thanks, that was exactly the information I need. Do you know what size holes the are?
Old 01-23-2007, 01:55 AM

The mounting cap screws are M6, so the hole in the mount should allow a bit of clearance, maybe .2mm or so
Old 01-23-2007, 07:12 AM

2 1/8" is not good enough to work with. All dimmensions will be even metric values with standard tolerances and clearances. Bar mount holes are M8 clearance and damper mount holes are tapped M6. Make sure your L/D is at least 2 since this sees a lot of stress. What triple clamp/bar position are you running? The Scotts site has info on selecting a damper mount based on these dimmensions, and the part#s are actually the dimmensions. I believe the first two digits are x dimmension between hole centers, second two are y dimmension, and the third two is the offset from the damper mount holes to the steering stem center. The only constant dimmension from bike to bike will be the damper mount holes (center to center). Please go to the Scotts site and check this out.

For accurate measurements, measure the bar mount hole centers in your upper T-clamp for the Y, bar clamp hole centers for the X. Since the damper mount holes are on center with the pivot, and must be centered with the steering stem, the offset will be easy to determine. Hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:33 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I'm making an adjustable system, similar to the Fastway top clamp that integrates bar mounts, barkbuster mounts and a steering damper mount. I have all the bar mount dimensions from my bike and I'm making my own barkbusters so that isn't a problem. I just need to know the center to center spacing of the steering damper mounts and the size of the bolts used for mounting it. Thanks again for the help.